Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Make AEM 6.5 custom Workflow location in project specific folder

Level 2

Hi ,

Default location for Workflow model is : /conf/global/settings/workflow/models/MyCustomWF. How can i make the WF model location inside my project folder i.e /conf/global/settings/workflow/models/<My Project>/MyCustomWF.

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Rajesh,

Custom workflow models can be kept under /conf/global/settings/workflow/models/<My Project>/MyCustomWF directly by copying from older location to new one, see [0].

Locations - Workflow Models

Workflow models are stored in the repository according to type:
  • Out-of-the-box workflow designs are held under the following path:
    /libs/settings/workflow/models/

Do not:
    • place any of your custom workflow models in this folder
    • edit anything in /libs
    As any changes may be overwritten at upgrade or when installing hot-fixes, cumulative fix packs or service packs.
  • Custom workflow designs are held under:
    /conf/global/settings/workflow/models/...

• Runtime workflow designs (both out-of-the-box and custom) are held under the following path:
    /var/workflow/models/
  • Legacy workflow designs (both design-time and runtime) are held under the following path:
    /etc/workflow/models/

If these designs are edited using the AEM UI , then the details will be copied to the new locations.

Thanks,
    Vaishali

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Rajesh,

Custom workflow models can be kept under /conf/global/settings/workflow/models/<My Project>/MyCustomWF directly by copying from older location to new one, see [0].

Locations - Workflow Models

Workflow models are stored in the repository according to type:
  • Out-of-the-box workflow designs are held under the following path:
    /libs/settings/workflow/models/

Do not:
    • place any of your custom workflow models in this folder
    • edit anything in /libs
    As any changes may be overwritten at upgrade or when installing hot-fixes, cumulative fix packs or service packs.
  • Custom workflow designs are held under:
    /conf/global/settings/workflow/models/...

• Runtime workflow designs (both out-of-the-box and custom) are held under the following path:
    /var/workflow/models/
  • Legacy workflow designs (both design-time and runtime) are held under the following path:
    /etc/workflow/models/

If these designs are edited using the AEM UI , then the details will be copied to the new locations.

Thanks,
    Vaishali

Level 2

Hi Vanegi , Thanks for the reply.This article says about the location of the Default/custom/legacy workflows. What I would like to know that after creating workflow , I can see the below location for my WF in CRX :

/conf/global/settings/workflow/models/

I want to move my worklfow to <MyProject>  folder inside Model folder  i.e. /conf/global/settings/workflow/models/<MyProject>/. If I do via crx (cut+paste), it gives error on the Model.html page. So how should  I proceed to change the folder for my model?

Employee

/conf/global/settings/workflow/models is the default location to keep custom workflows as per repository structure guideline. It is not recommended to have another sub directory beneath models and if doing so, it will break the UI.

Level 2
My project is having Workflows up and running in Sub-folder. but I cannot see or figure out any property which is there that I can change in order to do same with my workflow. And UI is running fine.. So that is why I am trying to shift my workflow in sub-folder.t

Level 2

I got the answer after multiple attempts. You just need to shift your workflow node in the folder(created by you) in CRX and go to touch ui and open the new workflow by directly hitting the Workflow MODEL URL and not navigating through the navigation Model tile. After having Model opened in the Edit mode and click on sync model. Now your workflow is in new folder created by you.

Level 1

Hi,

I did the same as you mentioned but when I Start the workflow it gives me an error stating that the Workflow model does not exist: /var/workflow/models/<workflow-model>.

What should i do?

Level 5

Check cq:generatingPage property value of a metaData of a model inside /var/workflow/model 

value of this property should point to the model inside /conf/global/settings/workflow/models