Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.
SOLVED

M1 Mac, cant build wknd tutorial, get "Could not download Node.js: Got error code 404 from the server."

Level 2

downloaded source zip from here: https://github.com/adobe/aem-guides-wknd/releases/tag/aem-guides-wknd-0.2.0

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal com.github.eirslett:frontend-maven-plugin:1.7.6:install-node-and-npm (install node and npm) on project aem-guides-wknd.ui.frontend: Could not download Node.js: Got error code 404 from the server. -> [Help 1]

Have following installed:

Java 11

node v15.0.0

mvn 3.6.3

npm 7.6.0

Im doing this from zsh.  Tried bash also.  Is it because its not X86 arch on the M1 mac?

I also tried changing node to the latest in the pom file:

<nodeVersion>v11.14.0</nodeVersion>
<npmVersion>7.6.0</npmVersion>

This didnt help
1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

I found the solution.  The fontend-maven-plugin is old, and doesnt support the newer chips.

The solution was to change its version to 1.11:

<groupId>com.github.eirslett</groupId>
<artifactId>frontend-maven-plugin</artifactId>
<version>1.11.0</version>

Lets hope someone from Adobe updates their wknd source before too many people hit the same problem.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Community Advisor

@nutmix5 

Check frontend-maven-plugin configuration. Try  accessing node version <nodeVersion>v10.13.0</nodeVersion> from https://nodejs.org/dist/v10.13.0/ . Try to build as admin. 

Correct answer by
Level 2

I found the solution.  The fontend-maven-plugin is old, and doesnt support the newer chips.

The solution was to change its version to 1.11:

<groupId>com.github.eirslett</groupId>
<artifactId>frontend-maven-plugin</artifactId>
<version>1.11.0</version>

Lets hope someone from Adobe updates their wknd source before too many people hit the same problem.

Administrator
@nutmix5, Thank you for post solution with AEM Community. This helps in posterity. Keep the wonderful contribution going (both as learner and contributor).

Kautuk Sahni