Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

Lucene fulltext index

Level 1

Hello,

I have a few clarifications about OAK lucene indexing and am using AEM 6.1

1) While creating the fulltext Index, should that need to be named as fullTextIndex (underneath oak:index) or we can give any name. Can someone confirm please

2) Don't see any difference with creating the index for fulltext vs index rules for a few properties. Can someone explain please.

For example if fullText index was created for all the page properties , is there any need to create index for any specific page properties used for a different query(not fulltext).

3) While setting up  new indexes for fulltext or for any specific properties , should we need to add them to the indexes available as part of the AEM 6.1 OOTB or is it okay to create new indexes.

4) How can I create indexes for /content/site/ alone. underneath index rules should I need to mention as cq:Page?

Thanks a lot for your time and inputs,

Sudheer

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Sham,

Instead of putting an index below /content/site, I would rather place it in /oak:index and use path restrictions to determine what should get indexed.

Placing an index at any location within the repository is possible, but it's easier to loose control over the indexes then. Therefor I recommend to place them below /oak:index

kind regards,
Jörg

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

Sudheer Sannareddy wrote...

Hello,

I have a few clarifications about OAK lucene indexing and am using AEM 6.1

1) While creating the fulltext Index, should that need to be named as fullTextIndex (underneath oak:index) or we can give any name. Can someone confirm please

It can be any name

2) Don't see any difference with creating the index for fulltext vs index rules for a few properties. Can someone explain please.

How did you some to conslusion this is no differance. Can you provide exact query used to verify it.

For example if fullText index was created for all the page properties , is there any need to create index for any specific page properties used for a different query(not fulltext).

It all deponds on your query.  If you can provide example referencing geometrixx can help better.

3) While setting up  new indexes for fulltext or for any specific properties , should we need to add them to the indexes available as part of the AEM 6.1 OOTB or is it okay to create new indexes.

I would recommend to add to existing index.  You might have question of upgrade safe & which we are working interally & should have some concreate direction before 6.2 is released.

4) How can I create indexes for /content/site/ alone. underneath index rules should I need to mention as cq:Page?

Create a nore oak:index under /content/site/ and define your index defnition there.

Thanks a lot for your time and inputs,

Sudheer

Level 1

Thanks Sham.

How did you some to conslusion this is no differance. Can you provide exact query used to verify it.

It all deponds on your query.  If you can provide example referencing geometrixx can help better.

I did not try any example for this scenario and this is the confusion I have .

Thanks,

Sudheer

Level 10

If you are interested in Indexing - i recommend watching an upcoming GEMs session where they will be covering this topic. Sign up here.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi Sham,

Instead of putting an index below /content/site, I would rather place it in /oak:index and use path restrictions to determine what should get indexed.

Placing an index at any location within the repository is possible, but it's easier to loose control over the indexes then. Therefor I recommend to place them below /oak:index

kind regards,
Jörg