Expand my Community achievements bar.

logs not getting updated when running AEM inside windows

Level 8

as above.

So it's my first time using Windows as a local development machine. I've always used Macs before my latest role.

When I use the start script (inside /crx-quickstart/bin), it opens up a new cmd.exe window and I can see what's happening in AEM on this cmd.exe window.

But my issue is that none of the files inside /crx-quickstart/log is getting updated.

as an example: if I open up a page for editing, the cmd.exe will be very busy with logging. But if I check the files inside /log, none of them has increased in size.

Any ideas on what's happening?

Thanks

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @jayv25585659 ,

Are you able to see AEM login screen after running start.bat script? (Just FYI there will be 2 script one for MAC and other for Windows - start.bat)

Regards,

Santosh

Community Advisor

@jayv25585659 Can you try running it in administator command prompt/ Run as administrator.

java -Xmx1520m -Xdebug -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,address=30303,suspend=n -jar cq-author-4502.jar

Level 8

I just tried inside a cmd+run-as-admin. same results.

none of the log files has been updated. The only change that I can see is that a new s7access-my-current-date.log has been created for today.