Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Location in filedatastore doesn't match with dam:sha1 value

Level 2

Dear Experts,

When a bunch of images are uploaded to AEM instance with 6.3.3 version having separated datastore, all images are uploaded successfully and proper jcr content fields are allocated. But, when I tried to locate the image(file) specified in dam:sha1 field in filedatastore, I neither found the image nor folder taxonomy.

Could you please point me in the right direction?

Kind regards

Sid

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Had a session with Daycare support, content saved in jcr is with sha1 value and format with which folder taxonomy/ file saved in datastore is with sha256 value. Unfortunately, we can't track it unless we make any additional customizations out of adobe's scope.

Thanks

Sid

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Level 4

Please reference the documentation you are following so we can try to reproduce

Level 2

Sure,

Configurations for "org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.blob.datastore.FileDataStore.config", file we specified are as below:

path="/app/datastore/current_datastore"

service.pid="org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.blob.datastore.FileDataStore"

minRecordLength="1024"

Now when the image is uploaded jcr content says: f17de40d1a85c8b822f81cd87b3dd04f1d31f394

dam:sha1

String

f17de40d1a85c8b822f81cd87b3dd04f1d31f394

As per sha value "f17de40d1a85c8b822f81cd87b3dd04f1d31f394", when I navigate to filedatastore, I should see folders

f1--> 7d-->e4-->f17de40d1a85c8b822f81cd87b3dd04f1d31f394. But, I could only see folder f1 there is no 7d sub-folder.

Thanks

Sid

Employee

Try calculating sha256 and look up that path. I am not sure if this applies to file datastore, but for S3 it now uses sha256 instead of sha1

Employee Advisor

It has never been guaranteed that the name of the blob in the datastore is the same as the dam:sha1 hash.

Jörg

Level 2

Is there a way to identify the location of asset uploaded in UI to track in Filedatastore?

Thanks

Sid

Level 2

@husams51669576

Calculating sha256 and validating for path in filedatastore didn't help, but thanks

Employee Advisor

There is no documented way to do that. But why do you want to bypass all abstractions and access the blob directly?

Jörg

Level 2

This is for validations. In the AEM Gems presentation, the presenter mentioned that filedatastore follows the pattern of folder names extracted from the sha value of the blob.

Employee Advisor

Ok, might be good to follow up on this. Can you start an conversation with the presenter (or the AEM gems team), point out your problem and also give the link to this forum thread. Would be good to have this resolved.

Thanks,

Jörg

Level 2

Opened an Adobe ticket for this. WIll update the thread accordingly.

Thanks

Sid

Correct answer by
Level 2

Had a session with Daycare support, content saved in jcr is with sha1 value and format with which folder taxonomy/ file saved in datastore is with sha256 value. Unfortunately, we can't track it unless we make any additional customizations out of adobe's scope.

Thanks

Sid

Employee Advisor

Anyway, this information is an implementation detail of AEME (or Oak, to be more precise). It may change without further announcement. Do not rely on it.

(and I am quite sure, that the presenter mentioned it at some point, but did not refer to it as feature which can be used at will.)

Jörg