Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Localization: Content Fragment VS Experience Fragment [AEMasaCS]

Level 1

Is localization possible on Content Fragment?

Use Case:

We've a content fragment which act as a repository for data storage. Now with multi language site we need to localize this data so that it can be used across multiple locale. Is localization possible at content fragment level?

Yes, we can achieve this by using XF but that would add one more layer in-front of Content Fragment.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@gulshan_kumar_singh 

For additional languages, you create folders in the name of the desired language. (then the same will  be populated in the languages dropdown)

For CF translation issue, could you please let know 

• the fields(Element type) that you have as part of CF - the ones translated and not translated.  
  • Screenshot if possible. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

@gulshan_kumar_singh 

We can translate content fragments from being in Assets Console -> References rail -> "Create Language copy" CTA provided

• Desired language folder exist
  • Translation config is available. 

Just to see it working, you can try in sample content sites like we-retail (available OOTB in classic versions) or WKND (install in cloud SDK instance)

Hi @Vijayalakshmi_S,

I can see option on the side rail but list of available language is fixed, I'm not very sure how to get the list updated.

On the other hand if I create a Site Language Copy and inline CF also got translated. There were 3 fields on the CF but could see only one field of the CF got translated - keeping the other two as it is.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@gulshan_kumar_singh 

For additional languages, you create folders in the name of the desired language. (then the same will  be populated in the languages dropdown)

For CF translation issue, could you please let know 

• the fields(Element type) that you have as part of CF - the ones translated and not translated.  
  • Screenshot if possible.