Expand my Community achievements bar.

July 31st AEM Gems Webinar: Elevate your AEM development to master the integration of private GitHub repositories within AEM Cloud Manager.
SOLVED

Localhost for AEM 6 stopped populating crx-quickstart\\logs\\error.log

Level 6

Localhost for AEM 6 stopped populating crx-quickstart\logs\error.log.

After I installed the service pack update I no longer get error.log populated if I have an error in my code I need to debug.

Regards

Clive

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi Clive,

I tested by installing fresh copy of AEM6(without sp1) and introducing an error in jsp script. I see error for my file in error.log

Then I installed SP1 and created same error in jsp file, I am able to see the error in error.log.

I suggest you to restart your AEM6 after applying SP1 update. Then test again.

If that doesn't work, create a fressh install of AEM on separate port like 6502. Then apply SP update, restart your server and test it again.

Hopefully you should see errors in the log

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi Clive,

I tested by installing fresh copy of AEM6(without sp1) and introducing an error in jsp script. I see error for my file in error.log

Then I installed SP1 and created same error in jsp file, I am able to see the error in error.log.

I suggest you to restart your AEM6 after applying SP1 update. Then test again.

If that doesn't work, create a fressh install of AEM on separate port like 6502. Then apply SP update, restart your server and test it again.

Hopefully you should see errors in the log