Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

SOLVED

Local Vs Bundle Java use-class

Veena_Vikram
Community Advisor
Community Advisor

Hi All

Greetings. Hope all of you are staying safe and healthy and keeping your people safe. I was going through the documentation for use api. https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-htl/using/htl/use-api-java.html?lang=en I saw this interesting note recommended by Adobe, which said 

NOTE

local Java use-class is recommended when the use-class is specific to the component in question.

bundle Java use-class is recommended when the Java code implements a service that is accessed from multiple HTL components.

I was wondering what is exactly the best practice. I personally use only bundle Java use-class (Mostly Sling Models) for all the backend processing , even when it is single component specific. For quick fixes, I sometimes use Javascript Use-API rather than a local Java use-class.  What are your best practices in this regard ? I am trying to understand what I am doing wrong in this case ? 

Thanks and Stay Safe

Veena ✌

1 Accepted Solution
Jörg_Hoh
Correct answer by
Employee
Employee

Best practice is to keep all Java code in bundles. Then the compilation is done during build-time and not during runtime.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Jörg_Hoh
Correct answer by
Employee
Employee

Best practice is to keep all Java code in bundles. Then the compilation is done during build-time and not during runtime.

View solution in original post

Veena_Vikram
Community Advisor
Community Advisor
Thanks Jorg. Since it was in the documentation, I was wondering if I was doing wrong all this time. This helps.
Jörg_Hoh
Employee
Employee
Well, sometimes even inside the AEM development team there isn't a consistent understanding of "best practices", and the documentation is not consistent to 100% 🙂