Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

lo-fi components in Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) website- JSON AEM sling models?

Level 1

During Adobe Summit this year, a couple of presenters that produce high-volume webpages in their AEM  websites referenced creating "lo-fi components." I listened back to a presentation where I know this was discussed and they talked about using AEM sling models, or as they called it, Markdown for AEM components.

Does anyone else use these and do you have positive experiences using the models? We don't think we have access to build these in our version of AEM. 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @ghiagirl ,

Lo-Fi components are basically built from our first visual representation of ideas. It ensure that developers and client understands what functionality a component would support. It can be further quickly reshaped and reused based on the requirements.
Sling Models are annotation driven Java “POJOs” (Plain Old Java Objects) that facilitate the mapping of data from the JCR to Java variables in which you can write your own business logic. Sling models can be tailored with Lo-Fi components to achieve the desired custom results. 

Thanks
Tarun

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @ghiagirl ,

Lo-Fi components are basically built from our first visual representation of ideas. It ensure that developers and client understands what functionality a component would support. It can be further quickly reshaped and reused based on the requirements.
Sling Models are annotation driven Java “POJOs” (Plain Old Java Objects) that facilitate the mapping of data from the JCR to Java variables in which you can write your own business logic. Sling models can be tailored with Lo-Fi components to achieve the desired custom results. 

Thanks
Tarun