Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Live copies of experience fragment - AEM 6.5

Level 4

We are on AEM 6.5.3. I have an experience fragment in the "en" language. And I want to create a live copy of this XF in the es languages. When I select experience fragment and click on create, I see an option to create variation-as live copy, but that creates the live copy in the same hierarchy. But my requirement is to create the live copy under “es”  language.  I don’t want to use the language copy option because there will not be any relationship b/w en XF and es XF. I want the live copy relation b/w the two (as we maintain the relationship in content pages). This is doable on content pages but not an experience fragment. I mean under content, I can create one page under en, and live copy can roll out the same page in es language. How to achieve similar functionality in XF.

Another thing is when we use the XF component on the en content page, MSM creates the live copy in es language, But experience fragment path is not translated to match relative to es language. Basically, the inclusion of the experience fragment on the page does not update to match the language of the page.

How do we achieve the above two functionalities?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Surabhi_Katiyar, the steps that you mentioned that will not match the functionality of live copy, because if you see the behaviour of the live copy of content, it supports the roll out feature so if any thing gets change on the master copy it will get reflects on the live copy as will but in the case of experience fragment we don't have that feature.

Only way to achieve it is : create live copy of the xf at the same place and then move it to the respective location, in this case it will somewhat behave like normal live copies.

If some translation required use OOB translation feature or some third part translation service provide like global-link.

Please see one of my older post on :

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager/suggestion-content-structu...

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Employee Advisor

MSM in XF can be achieved in the same way as for the content pages. You need to create the folder of the Language copy and then you can create the Language copy of XF for each language folder. You can refer to the document https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/experience-manager-64/authoring/authoring/experience-fragment..., in this under the sun-heading "Organizing your Experience Fragments" there is an image that shows the folder organization for MSM. Steps you can follow are:

1. Create a root folder ex: sample
2. Now inside the root folder create sub-folder with Title = English and Name = en
3. Inside root folder create one more sub-folder with Title = French and Name = fr
4. Now create one experience fragment under the folder English ex: test-XF
5. Now select the French folder > Create > Language Copy
6. Now in the "Create Language Copy" console, select the source as "/content/experience-fragments/sample/en/test", then select the Target language as "french" and other configs as desired.

You are done, now this is a Live Copy, and MSM is also achieved.

Note: the folder name has to be the language locale ex: en,fr, etc.

surabhikatiyar_0-1591430633282.png

Community Advisor

Hey,

XF does not support to create live copies outside current folder. You can use move option to move live copies to other folder or create corresponding language copies if your want localize content.

Use core XF component to support localization.

https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/experience-manager-core-components/using/get-started/localiza...

Arun Patidar

Level 4

Hi Arun, Thanks for the inputs.

Another thing is when we use the XF component on the en content page, MSM creates the live copy in es language, But experience fragment path is not translated to match relative to es language. Basically, the inclusion of the experience fragment on the page does not update to match the language of the page.

Community Advisor
if you will use core Experience Fragment component, it does update the path based on language node .

Arun Patidar

Employee Advisor

MSM in XF can be achieved in the same way as for the content pages. You need to create the folder of the Language copy and then you can create the Lanaguage copy of XF for each lanaguage folder. You can refere the document https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/experience-manager-64/authoring/authoring/experience-fragment..., in this under the sun-heading "Organizing your Experience Fragments" there is an image that shows the folder organisation for MSM. Steps you can follow are:

1. Create a root folder ex:sample
2. Now inside the root folder create sub-folder with Title = English and Name = en
3. Inside root folder create one more sub-folder with Title = French and Name = fr
4. Now create one experience fragment under the folder English ex: test-XF
5. Now select the French folder > Create > Lanaguage Copy
6. Now in the "Create Language Copy" console, select the source as "/content/experience-fragments/sample/en/test", then select the Target language as "french" and other configs as desired.

You are done, now this is a Live copy and MSM is also achieved.

Note: the folder name has to be the language locale ex: en,fr,gb etc.

surabhikatiyar_0-1591449689849.png

Level 4

@Surabhi_Katiyar 

In your #6, you are using "Create Language Copy" option, but that creates the new language copy in fr, but the problem is this is not the live copy relationship. This is just a one-time language copy. When we make any changes to en XF, it will not be translated to fr. I want a live copy relationship i.e so that if I change en XF, fr XF should also be updated.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Surabhi_Katiyar, the steps that you mentioned that will not match the functionality of live copy, because if you see the behaviour of the live copy of content, it supports the roll out feature so if any thing gets change on the master copy it will get reflects on the live copy as will but in the case of experience fragment we don't have that feature.

Only way to achieve it is : create live copy of the xf at the same place and then move it to the respective location, in this case it will somewhat behave like normal live copies.

If some translation required use OOB translation feature or some third part translation service provide like global-link.

Please see one of my older post on :

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager/suggestion-content-structu...