Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

List of all possible attributes under the node metadata for assets

Level 2

Hello,

I need a list all possible attributes under the node metadata for assets.

There is some kind of an overview in the documentation (https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/experience-manager-64/assets/administer/metadata.html), but I need really all possible values.

If you wonder why: I need them for an exclude list for a launcher. The launcher should only listen to one attribute under metadata. Since there is no include list, I have write down all attributes in that exclude list. Or does anyone have another solution (no coding!).

Best, Maik

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

What kind of event listener you are using? Sing or JCR?

Or are you using Workflow Launcher then check  https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/kb/ConditionsInWorkflowLauncher.html

Arun Patidar

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Community Advisor

@Maikman83 
Can you try it using Asset Picker.

Please refer to Asset Picker, 
Let me know if you it doesn't help your requirement.

Thanks,
Nikhil

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

What kind of event listener you are using? Sing or JCR?

Or are you using Workflow Launcher then check  https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/kb/ConditionsInWorkflowLauncher.html

Arun Patidar

Level 2
This is NOT the answer that helps me. I don't know why it's marked as the answer. I figured out what helps: the exclude list can contain regular expressions. So a regular expression which fits for all expect my own value is what I needed.

Community Advisor

Thanks for sharing your input, I agree this is not the solution, even I asked the question and I think moderator marked it correct, don't know why. This can be misleading as well if someone else is following the same issue. 

@kautuk_sahni 

Arun Patidar

Community Advisor

Can you tell us your requirement/use case so we can help? I think you can use include as well using RegEx.

Arun Patidar

Level 2
There is no "include" field in the launcher properties, so I don't know which include you mean. There is a path, but this listen only on nodes, not on attributes. Also there are conditions, but they these only check states, not changes on attributes. As I allready mentioned, a RegEx in the exclude list is exactly what I needed.

Community Advisor

There is a field call conditions there you can add conditions to check if properties. property!='' or other conidtion(s)

https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/kb/ConditionsInWorkflowLauncher.html

Arun Patidar

Level 2
I don't want to check if properties. I want to check if a property has changed.

Level 2

Thank you for your answers.

The asset picker is not what I need, because I don't want to pick assets

And I'm talking about the workflow launcher. Sorry that I did not clarify that.

The conditions don't help, because the conditions only check the current status of a value.

What I need is some kind of status has changed launcher.

I believe there is nothing OOTB, that provide something like that, so I think only an exclude-list could do the job (not perfect, but close to it).

Have a look to this:

Bildschirmfoto 2020-08-25 um 09.18.01.png

I have a launcher, that looks on changes on the metadata node. But the launcher should only be triggered, when my own value has changed. The condition only says: has my own value a specific value and NOT has it changed into a specific value. So everytime the asset is changed and the value is like in the condition, the launcher gets triggered, even if my own value has not changed.

My solution: exclude every other attribute, that the metadata-node could contain. In that case, changes on other attributes don't trigger the launcher (I tested it). But I need ALL possible attributes for the metadata node, so I could make a complete exclude list.

Or do you know any OOTB feature to solve this in an easy way?

Best, Maik