Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Limitation of using Experience Fragments in Editable templates

Level 2

Hi All,

I am using Experience fragment in place of iparsys in Editable template as iparsys doesn't work in editable template. (iParsys-like behavior with layout containers? ).

Can anyone tell if there is any limitation in using the same in place of iparsys.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Administrator

I would recommend you to use Editable template to full fill your Iparsys behavior.

There are 3 things to keep in mind:

1. If we make changes to the "Structure/Content policy" that would get reflected on the pages that are using this template.

2. But,if any changes are made to "Initial content" then changes would not get reflected to already created page whereas if new page would be created, then that new page will have this new changes.

3. Any changes that we make on "Layout" would get reflected depending on the component that are part of Structure or Initial content that would get reflected on the pages accordingly.

So for headers/footer or any other components that you want to inherit, i would recommend you placing them in Structure mode.

Also, Iparsys doesn't work in template editor based pages.

-Kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Administrator

I would recommend you to use Editable template to full fill your Iparsys behavior.

There are 3 things to keep in mind:

1. If we make changes to the "Structure/Content policy" that would get reflected on the pages that are using this template.

2. But,if any changes are made to "Initial content" then changes would not get reflected to already created page whereas if new page would be created, then that new page will have this new changes.

3. Any changes that we make on "Layout" would get reflected depending on the component that are part of Structure or Initial content that would get reflected on the pages accordingly.

So for headers/footer or any other components that you want to inherit, i would recommend you placing them in Structure mode.

Also, Iparsys doesn't work in template editor based pages.

-Kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Level 10

WHen using Editable templates - there is no need for iparsy. AN editable template lets you define policies which is much better then using inherited paragraph system. You can easily use ex fragments in an editable template as long as you define their use in the layout container policy. There should be no diff between using an ex frag and a normal component.