Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Learn and understand HTL

Level 3

Hi ,

i want to learn HTL from very basic to advance is there any links or docs is available for HTL except from helpx.adobe.com because on adobe official website Documentation of HTL are scattered way and only define the concepts and theory mainly not in practical way .so kindly help me for HTL

thanks in advance 

11 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

You can find documents at below:

Introduction to Sightly

HTL introduction part 1

AEM Sightly Style Guide

You can install below package which will provide you environment to play with sightly as a editor and output

GitHub - Adobe-Marketing-Cloud/aem-htl-repl: Read–Eval–Print Loop environment for HTL.

Screen Shot 2018-08-17 at 2.39.37 PM.png

Arun Patidar

Level 3

thanks arun for provide me the links but is there any pdf or video tutorials of HTL available?

Level 3

ya but when i click on links of pdf they open aem gems session

Community Advisor

Hi,

Yes, that is session pdf but you can watch recorded session.

All everywhere you will find the same kind of tutorials and examples for HTL.

I'll suggest you to understand HTL you can watch video and then try hands on.

Thanks
Arun

Arun Patidar

Level 10

We have many HTL examples that teach you HTL and practical examples.

1 - Creating an Adobe Experience Manager  6.4 HTL component that uses the WCMUsePojo API

2 - Creating an AEM HTML Template Language component that uses the WCMUsePojo class - YouTube

3 - Adobe Experience Manager Help | Creating an AEM HTML Template Language Component that posts data usi... (shows use of HTL and AJAX)

4 - Creating an Adobe Experience Manager 6.4 HTL Component that displays data from a Restful Web Service (show use of HTL and a 3rd party RESTFUL Service. Results are displayed in HTL)

5 - Creating a custom Touch UI Grid Component for Adobe Experience Manager  (HTL and SLING MODELS)

6 - Adobe Experience Manager Help | Creating a HTL Repeating Data Set 6.3 Component that uses Sling Mode...  (Discusses how to develop an AEM HTML Template Language (HTL - formerly known as Sightly) component that renders a repeating data set, including digital assets. Use of Sling Models is shown in this article. )

7 - Creating a Tab layout component for Adobe Experience Manager​ (Discusses how to create a custom HTL Tab component. This article uses Bootstrap and also describes how to use the JS API with HTL components. In this example, the JS logic parses a Multi-field component. )

8 - Adobe Experience Manager Help | Creating an AEM 6.4 HTML Template Language movie component (This AEM development community article discusses how to develop a tab-based HTML Template Language (HTL) component that displays AEM DAM digital

assets.) https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/using/aem64_htl_movie_component.html

9 - Ask the AEM Experts on HTL - -Adobe AEM ask the experts - Sightly - YouTube

10 - Building Experience Manager Components using Granite/Coral Resource Types (shows use of HTL and Granite/Coral resource types)

11 - Creating an Experience Manager YouTube Component (how to develop an AEM HTML Template Language (HTL - formerly known as Sightly) component that displays YouTube videos.)

12 - Creating an Experience Manager Responsive Banner Component  (Discusses how to create a custom HTL Responsive Banner component. This article uses Bootstrap and Sling Models)

13- the HTL Spec too -- htl-spec/SPECIFICATION.md at master · Adobe-Marketing-Cloud/htl-spec · GitHub

Level 10

Hi,

Please find all the consolidated list of HTL aka Sightly HELPX articles with Working code and also with Ask the community experts session links over here:

Scott's Digital Community: Adobe Experience Manager HTL Examples

And I have tested most of the HELPX HTL articles and those all works!!

Hope this helps!!

Thanks,

Ratna Kumar.