Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

LDAP user sync with AEM 5.6.1

Former Community Member

i've managed to integrate ldap with AEM and am able to sync individual users using the syncUser call in the com.adobe.granite.ldap (Tools) jmx page. I would like to make use of the syncUserList call to sync more than one user lists. Whats the format of the input i should give in for this? Form the error.log it looks like it's expecting a json input, however i'm not sure what's the exact format. I couldn't find any documentation for this as well.

Also i went thorugh the post @ http://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/kb/how-to-synchronize-user-with-ldap.html and was interested in the 3rd option i.e. Creating JMX client that uses LDAP MBean. However i wasn't able to connect using rmi. The following is the error stack trace that i got:

Exception in thread "main" java.io.IOException: Failed to retrieve RMIServer stub: javax.naming.CommunicationException [Root exception is java.rmi.ConnectIOException: error during JRMP connection establishment; nested exception is: java.io.EOFException] at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnector.connect(RMIConnector.java:334) at javax.management.remote.JMXConnectorFactory.connect(JMXConnectorFactory.java:259) at com.test.user.ldap.LDAPSampleClient.main(LDAPSampleClient.java:21) Caused by: javax.naming.CommunicationException [Root exception is java.rmi.ConnectIOException: error during JRMP connection establishment; nested exception is: java.io.EOFException] at com.sun.jndi.rmi.registry.RegistryContext.lookup(RegistryContext.java:113) at com.sun.jndi.toolkit.url.GenericURLContext.lookup(GenericURLContext.java:197) at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:455) at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnector.findRMIServerJNDI(RMIConnector.java:1882) at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnector.findRMIServer(RMIConnector.java:1852) at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnector.connect(RMIConnector.java:268) ... 2 more Caused by: java.rmi.ConnectIOException: error during JRMP connection establishment; nested exception is: java.io.EOFException at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.createConnection(TCPChannel.java:298) at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.newConnection(TCPChannel.java:196) at sun.rmi.server.UnicastRef.newCall(UnicastRef.java:334) at sun.rmi.registry.RegistryImpl_Stub.lookup(RegistryImpl_Stub.java:89) at com.sun.jndi.rmi.registry.RegistryContext.lookup(RegistryContext.java:109) ... 7 more Caused by: java.io.EOFException at java.io.DataInputStream.readByte(DataInputStream.java:261) at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.createConnection(TCPChannel.java:240) ... 11 more

Could anyone please help me out with the above two issues?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi,

There is no need to look through remote way as given in the example - http://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/kb/how-to-synchronize-user-with-ldap.html.

Below is the way to look for remote MBeans.

MBeanServerConnection server = (MBeanServerConnection) JMXConnectorFactory.connect(new JMXServiceURL(serverUrl), null).getMBeanServerConnection();

// Below code will suffice your need. This code is working for me in CQ

Create one DynamicBean interface exposing the same operation present in JMX for runtime dispatch.

import javax.management.DynamicMBean; /** * Proxy interface for JMX Bean. */ public interface LDAPUserMBean extends DynamicMBean { /** * Proxy method for {@link com.day.crx.security.ldap.jmx.LDAPUserMBean} * syncUser method. * * @param user the user * @return the string[] */ public String[] syncUser(String user); }

// Create ObjectName

String OBJECT_NAME = "com.adobe.granite.ldap:host=<your LDAP host>,port=<Port>,type=Tools"; MBeanServerConnection server = ManagementFactory.getPlatformMBeanServer(); //returns a reference to the existing MBean server within the JVM. ObjectName name = new ObjectName(OBJECT_NAME); LDAPUserMBean ldap = JMX.newMBeanProxy(server, name, LDAPUserMBean.class); ldap.syncUser("userDN");

HTH.

I have answered similar question last year - http://forums.adobe.com/message/4735940

Thanks,

Rakesh

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi,

There is no need to look through remote way as given in the example - http://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/kb/how-to-synchronize-user-with-ldap.html.

Below is the way to look for remote MBeans.

MBeanServerConnection server = (MBeanServerConnection) JMXConnectorFactory.connect(new JMXServiceURL(serverUrl), null).getMBeanServerConnection();

// Below code will suffice your need. This code is working for me in CQ

Create one DynamicBean interface exposing the same operation present in JMX for runtime dispatch.

import javax.management.DynamicMBean; /** * Proxy interface for JMX Bean. */ public interface LDAPUserMBean extends DynamicMBean { /** * Proxy method for {@link com.day.crx.security.ldap.jmx.LDAPUserMBean} * syncUser method. * * @param user the user * @return the string[] */ public String[] syncUser(String user); }

// Create ObjectName

String OBJECT_NAME = "com.adobe.granite.ldap:host=<your LDAP host>,port=<Port>,type=Tools"; MBeanServerConnection server = ManagementFactory.getPlatformMBeanServer(); //returns a reference to the existing MBean server within the JVM. ObjectName name = new ObjectName(OBJECT_NAME); LDAPUserMBean ldap = JMX.newMBeanProxy(server, name, LDAPUserMBean.class); ldap.syncUser("userDN");

HTH.

I have answered similar question last year - http://forums.adobe.com/message/4735940

Thanks,

Rakesh