Expand my Community achievements bar.

LDAP Group Sync to AEM

Level 2

Hi,

I have created Group-x and Group-y in LDAP and in AEM, I have assigned Group-X to user-A in LDAP. When user-A tries to login for the first time, user profile will be created in AEM but this user is not assigned to Group-x like in LDAP. Please direct me how to set a group sync in LDAP OR AEM

Thanks

Pavan

3 Replies

Employee

Hi Pavan,

have you reviewed the example at [0] to see how the example code synchs ldap groups? Perhaps you have a setting missing or incorrect.

Regards,

Opkar

[0]https://github.com/Adobe-Marketing-Cloud/aem-ldap-tutorial/blob/master/step-02/tutorial-02-configure...

Level 2

Hi opkar,

yes i implemented  the same, one thing i noticed from log is 

org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.spi.security.authentication.external.impl.DefaultSyncHandler Membership of user 'user-a' need sync. rep:lastSynced not set.

I don't see the request for Group sync in the log just like for user

org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.spi.security.authentication.external.impl.DefaultSyncHandler sync(CN=user-a,OU=Users,OU=NARemote,OU=NorthAmerica,OU=Locations,DC=XXXX,DC=com;ldap) -> user-a (find=794.05us, create=2.48ms, sync=607.76us)

attaching the config

Thanks

Pavan

Which AEM version and service pack are you using ??

There was an issue with AEM 6.1, if so please raise a support ticket to get a hotfix for the same.