Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Layout mode (simple vs responsive grid) on Container Component doesn't do anything?

Level 2

I have a requirement to create a container that uses Flex to float and align items.

When I put down a container and toggle it to "Simple" mode, there doesn't seem to be any difference from the "(Default)" and "Responsive Grid" modes.  How can I turn off the layout toggle capabilities on nested components inside of a container that is marked as "Simple"?  What does "Simple" even do?  Can I just add a new option for "Flex" and disable layout mode somehow for that?

2 Replies

Level 3

Hi @jdylanmc 

Requirement is not clear. Can you please add details with required screenshots.

Level 2

I think it is this bug: [Container] Container in simple mode is treated as a grid by editor interface · Issue #1395 · adobe/...

Basically: containers have the ability to switch between "Responsive Grid" and "Simple"- but this doesn't do anything logically from what I can tell other than render a different html template.  I am trying to disable the ability to size items within certain containers.