Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Layout container drag and drop issue

Level 5

Hi,

I am trying to use layout container and facing some issues during implementation. Below are the steps I used.

• I am using layout container - root in my editable template.
  • Click on the policy icon as shown below.

enter image description here

• Selected only layout container from General Group and given the name of policy "policyA" and submit enter image description here
      • Added the layout container in Layout Container [Root]

• In next step, I can see two container with two parsys.

• Unlock the child layout container.

• Set the policy for inner layout container And select the component you want to use in inner container.

• I can see the component available for my container, but when I try to drop the component in container, parsys is not allowing them.

I have used the exact same steps as mentioned in documentation. Can you please advice.

Thanks,

3 Replies

Level 10

See this Guided Journey - we show how to set up the Layout container and then define a policy that sets components for it and then drag components on the page that is based on the editable template.

Scott's Digital Community: Guided Journey for Experience Manager on Editable Templates

Level 10

Hi,

Please check the Guided journey videos on Editable templates. You will know how to use layout container: Scott's Digital Community: Guided Journey for Experience Manager on Editable Templates

Also, you can see the HELPX article on Editable templates: Scott's Digital Community: Creating an Adobe Experience Manager 6.4 website using Editable Templates

Hope this helps!!

Thanks,

Ratna Kumar.

Level 10

Watch this that shows how to properly drag and drop components defined in a policy onto a page: