Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Language Copy

Level 6

Hello All,

Hope you are doing fine.

We have our site development ongoing and need to support in multiple languages

All languages are already available under /libs/wcm/core/resources/languages.

But we need to manage below two as well:

1. Spanish US 
  2. Spanish Latina America

QUESTION:

1) DO we have already such language nodes available in this list that I am not able to find out ?

OR

Do we need to create custom language nodes for above requirement.

2)  Also, While creating custom language nodes, is it mandatory to name it as a valid ISO code lists or we can give any random code. 

3) If we can give only valid ISO codes, what should be codes for above two languages.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

AP

5 Replies

Level 4

Hello @arvind ,

I think it's always better to give ISO language codes so that it will be no issues in case of translations. We're using smartling translation which will automatically update the language pages based on the ISO language codes. We're using these languages in our project, but we didn't create these languages in resources/languages path. Please see the below codes we're using for our project.

1. Spanish US, es_US

2. Spanish Latin America, es_LA.

Level 6

@vmadala Thank you for your reply.

But under this path /libs/wcm/core/resources/languages, I cant see es_US and es_la default.

AEM: 6.5.2

arvind_0-1624811633562.png

How did you manage to create language copy without creating a new one?

Regards,

AP

Level 4

Hello @arvind,

We used for "Latin America" language as "es", I confused with the page title. Please see below the screenshot and Spanish-us we used "en" since we don't need any translation for that.

Spanish Latina AmericaSpanish Latina AmericaSpanish USSpanish US

Level 6
@vmadala, Thank you . But our case is bit different. We need to have separate translation for both Spanish for US and Spanish Latin America. That is why I asked above question