Expand my Community achievements bar.

Language copies for Experience Fragments

Level 1

Hi All,

could you help me to find out with "Experience Fragments"? Trying to understand is it possible to use "language copies" functionality same way as it works for assets or pages (when you see language copies of asset/page in the  "References" block and could "Reveal" to one of them). If yes? which folders structure I should create for EF to make lang copies start working?

Thanks!

Dan

8 Replies

Level 10

Passed this question to the team.

Employee

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your question.

In the upcoming AEM 6.4, language copies for Experience Fragments will follow the common translation pattern.

In AEM 6.3, translations for Experience Fragments you have to do some extra steps. Here's an example:

• Create a few language folders with the iso country code as the name ('en',  'fr', 'de')
  • Create a new XF in the English folder
  • Create new translation project
  • Add XF to translation project
  • Follow the translation workflow

hth.

Martin

Level 1

Hi Martin! Yes, I'm on Aem 6.3 yet.

I've tried to do the steps you have listed but was not successfull. Could you please check is the folder structure correct and created under the right place?

ex_folders.png

Level 4

Hi, we are also on 6.3 with MSM....we are also running SP2, and are part of the Target closed beta for XF/Target integration.....do the XFs act as pages do with MSM? Is there a blueprint aspect to setting them up...specifically for sending out for translations and then rolling out to all the country/region/local site?

Thanks,

- Eugene

Employee

Hi EggBoy,

Yes, they should because XF are technically just pages. Please let me know if you run into any problems.

Level 1

Hi Martin_Buergi,
I have created language copies for experience fragment.

/content/experience-fragments/keysight/en/test_fragment_rollou/test-en

/content/experience-fragments/keysight/zh_cn/test_fragment_rollou/test-en
When i am referring the exp fragment to site pages and then creating a language copy of site page, the exp fragment reference is not getting updated to correct language copy in site pages. is there any configuration that i am missing?

I am sing AEM 6.4.2.

Thanks in Advance

Employee

In AEM 6.3, you have to create a new translation project via the project menu. In 6.4 it will work as you have described.