Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Keyboard Shortcut for Emphasized Text

Level 1

I know that there are a few keyboard shortcuts for the WYSIWYG tool within AEM Author screen, like to make text bold or italic; I was wondering if there were keyboard shortcuts for second-level text edits like emphasis and and strong. I ask because our firm is bound by strict ADA standards and they require the two forms of edits mentioned vs. the traditional forms mentioned earlier. Unfortunately I do not have access to macro tools or mappers such as AHK.

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @nysteve ,

Out-Of-The-Box, when you are editing text (RTE) AEM provides basic functionalities of using keyboard shortcuts such as Ctrl+B for bold, Ctrl+I for italic etc. However, apart from this I certainly believe, AEM do not support any other keyboard shortcuts.(Unless it has been customized)

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Santosh

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @nysteve ,

Out-Of-The-Box, when you are editing text (RTE) AEM provides basic functionalities of using keyboard shortcuts such as Ctrl+B for bold, Ctrl+I for italic etc. However, apart from this I certainly believe, AEM do not support any other keyboard shortcuts.(Unless it has been customized)

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Santosh