Expand my Community achievements bar.

Kafka quick introduction and AEM Integration | AEM Community Blog Seeding

Administrator

BlogImage.jpg

Kafka quick introduction and AEM Integration by Juan Aranda

Abstract

Introduction
Apache Kafka is an open-source distributed event streaming platform used by many companies around the world, allowing us high-performance data pipelines, streaming analytics, data integration for mission-critical applications.

Companies use to start using a simple integration point-to-point, something like this:

After a while, the requirements change, and then the companies need integrations with more sources and more targets complicating in the future.

The above architecture has the following problems:
1. If you have 4 source system and 6 target systems, you need to write 24 integrations
2. Each integration comes with difficulties around protocols (TCP, HTTP, REST, FTP, JDBC, etc), data format (Binary, CSV, JSON, etc), data schemas how the data is shaped and may change.

Read Full Blog

Kafka quick introduction and AEM Integration

Q&A

Please use this thread to ask the related questions.

Kautuk Sahni
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Level 1

Hi,

I have converted the kafka client jar to bundle and deployed. then I have added export, import elements in my current bundle pom.xml file. I have verified it is there in bundle manifest file 

Still i am getting no class definition error for below class.
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class org.apache.kafka.clients.consumer.ConsumerConfig
Can you please help me where i am going wrong.