Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Jquery event not triggered from component in Edit/author mode.

Level 2

Hi all,

This is the current situation: We have a component that is "closed" when it's on the page. It has a button that toggles the visibility of several items on the component. 
When we are in Author mode (wcmmode.edit) the component's jquery listener isn't triggered on click. When we switch to the Preview mode, we can click on the component and it works. The jquery event gets triggered. 

Is there anyway to leverage this click in edit-mode? 

Regards

Mario

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Configuring a component and adding text and an image is achieved using a component dialog. The way AEM works is you use preview mide to see a page funtion, including how JQuery plug-ins work. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi Mario,

The same issue, I have seen in my project. You need to go to Preview mode to see how the page/component works!
As Scott stated above, Edit mode is not the way to use how the page functions and how jquery plug-in run.

Thanks,
Ratna Kumar.

Level 2

Ok, agreed, but I have a configuration component that only needs to be filled in, in certain occasions. 

In this component you need to add an image an text. So If you need this, you should be able to click it open and fill in the components. 

Otherwise, just leave it be...

Correct answer by
Level 10

Configuring a component and adding text and an image is achieved using a component dialog. The way AEM works is you use preview mide to see a page funtion, including how JQuery plug-ins work.