Expand my Community achievements bar.

JCR Package without subpages but with order of subpages

Level 3

Hi,

I have the requirement to create a JCR package of a single page, the package must not contain subpages but the order of the subpages must be included in the package.

I tried to create a package with a filter (e.g. /content/myProject/myPage) and added two rules (exclude /content/myProject/myPage/*.* and include /content/myProject/myPage/jcr:content). After importing this package on an other aem instance the page itself (inlcuding jcr:content) will be installed but the order of subpages will not be changed.

Has anybody an idea how to solve this problem?

regards

Reinhard

4 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi,

when you have the chance to modify the package manually, you can set the order of the childs of that page in the respective .content.xml file.

Jörg

Level 3

Hi Jörg,

the problem is not the package itself, because .content.xml file contains name of subpages in the right order, but when I run an import on a system with not order subpages, the order in .content.xml does not get respected with my filter/rule settings.

regards

Reinhard

Employee Advisor

Have you already played with the different modes, especially "update"?

Jörg

Level 3

Hi Jörg,

yes I did, but I can't find any difference in the behavior in my case if I change mode to update or whatever.

Maybe I can explain my problem once again with an simple example using we-retail (this is only an example to explain the problem but is not my usecase because I know I can solve this problem e.g. by publishing /content/we-retail/language-masters):

• I have a new installation of AEM 6.3 author and publish which contains we-retail project
  • By default the order of subpages of /content/we-retail/language-masters is de, en, es, fr, it
  • I changed the order on author to en, es, fr, it, de (moved de from top to bottom)
  • I created a package (which should only contain page /content/we-retail/language-masters without subpages but the package must including sorting of subpages) on author with filter
    • root path: /content/we-retail/language-masters
    • Rules:
      • exlucde /content/we-retail/language-masters/*.*
      • include /content/we-retail/language-masters/jcr:content
  • I downloaded package from author, uploaded package to publish
  • I installed package on publish

Result is that order on publish was not changed and it doesn't matter which modes I used. You can find used packages at [1] (package with default mode replace) and [2] (package with mode update).

regards

Reinhard

[1] .. we-retail-order.zip - Box

[2] .. we-retail-order-update.zip - Box