Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

JAXB exception on AEM 5.6.1

Level 4

Hi

I am getting an exception with JAXB in one my OSGI Service in my bundle. This happens only when a jax-b api 2.2.12 manually is installed in console. As JAX-b(2.1.0) is already provided internally in AEM by below bundle. This exception doesn't happen when the 2.2.12 is not present. However this is being used by some other bundles built by another vendor. Hence I cant remove this 2.2.12 bundle from felix console.

<dependency>
<groupId>org.apache.sling</groupId>
<artifactId>org.apache.sling.fragment.xml</artifactId>
<version>1.0.2</version>
</dependency>

I was just wondering how could I force my bundle to ignore looking for jax-b 2.2.12 and take only the system default 2.1.0 version. Is it possible to define this behaviour by maven bundle plugin in the POM. 

@Activate
public void activate(ComponentContext ctx) throws JAXBException {
        abcContext = JAXBContext.newInstance(ABC.class);

}

BUndle plugin import package definition
                        <Import-Package>                            
                            *;resolution:=optional
                        </Import-Package>

Exception

16.03.2016 03:13:05.709 *ERROR* [Background Update foo.barsupport-bundle (606)] foo.barsupport-bundle [foo.bar.calendar.impl.CalendarEventParserImpl] The activate method has thrown an exception (javax.xml.bind.JAXBException
 - with linked exception:
[java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.sun.xml.internal.bind.v2.ContextFactory not found by cqse-httpservice [25]]) javax.xml.bind.JAXBException
 - with linked exception:
[java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.sun.xml.internal.bind.v2.ContextFactory not found by cqse-httpservice [25]]
         at javax.xml.bind.ContextFinder.newInstance(ContextFinder.java:241)
         at javax.xml.bind.ContextFinder.find(ContextFinder.java:477)
         at javax.xml.bind.JAXBContext.newInstance(JAXBContext.java:656)
         at javax.xml.bind.JAXBContext.newInstance(JAXBContext.java:599)
         at foo.bar.integration.calendar.impl.CalendarEventParserImpl.activate(CalendarEventParserImpl.java:33)

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

You can configure the maven bundle plugin of you third party bundle to import the explicit version of the JAXB API. Example given below (Replace the JAXB package and the version numbers appropriately)

<plugin> <groupId>org.apache.felix</groupId> <artifactId>maven-bundle-plugin</artifactId> <extensions>true</extensions> <configuration> <instructions> <Import-Package> org.apache.sling.event.jobs.consumer;version="[1.0.0,1.10)", * </Import-Package>

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

You can configure the maven bundle plugin of you third party bundle to import the explicit version of the JAXB API. Example given below (Replace the JAXB package and the version numbers appropriately)

<plugin> <groupId>org.apache.felix</groupId> <artifactId>maven-bundle-plugin</artifactId> <extensions>true</extensions> <configuration> <instructions> <Import-Package> org.apache.sling.event.jobs.consumer;version="[1.0.0,1.10)", * </Import-Package>