Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid token ''

Level 3

On AEM login seeing exception java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid token '' can someone please help(It is existing 6.3 sp2 instance no upgrade is done), is there any possibility I can recover it

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Today i too faced this issue in my local instance and i was able to resolve this  after following below steps-

1. Deleted launchpad folder

2. Start the server

3. Delete cookies from the browser or close the browser and try to access the server

4. Able to login to the server

View solution in original post

14 Replies

Level 3

Tried restarting using bin/start but did not work for me ...cleared cookies nd tried logging in but still did not help...

Community Advisor

Could u pls have a look at this thread as well-

How to close user session after 30 minutes of inactivity In AEM 6.1

Specifically this one-

• Also make sure to set Token Length otherwise will throw exception "org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler / java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid token ''"

Level 3

I am not able to open any of the consoles now , it is only throwing that exception on every console, is there anything else I should do to have a successful login

Community Advisor

Try deleting launchpad folder-

crx-quickstart\launchpad

and restart the server.

Level 3

It is taking so long to load and start after deletion of launchpad folder..will it take some time or something is wrong ..

Community Advisor

It will take time keep monitoring the bundles under launchpad folder..

Level 3

Instance startup stopped I believe I can see few folders came up in launchpad folder ..it is at the same point as 2 hours back not starting

Community Advisor

Please check the logs.

If you are seeing segment not found then follow steps given in below link to fix that issue-

Fix Inconsistencies in the repository when SegmentNotFound Issue is reported in AEM 6.x

Community Advisor

Hope you were able to resolve this..

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Today i too faced this issue in my local instance and i was able to resolve this  after following below steps-

1. Deleted launchpad folder

2. Start the server

3. Delete cookies from the browser or close the browser and try to access the server

4. Able to login to the server

Employee

This answer is absolutely wrong.

DON'T delete /launchpad.

Level 3

Hi ka786...Thanks for the response

In my case deleting launchpad did not work, and it stopped loading the instance unfortunately....deleting few of the bundles partially worked to get the instance back