Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Issues in inheriting RTE Plugins

Level 2

Hi All,

we are facing issues in fetching rte custom plugins in the component when there is case of double inheritance in the component dialog.

Following is the scenario 

1. We have a global module as shown below.

gajanank2729265_0-1587200526440.png

2. we have another module in which we have master text component which inherits the custom rte plugins defined in the Master project as shown in the below image.

gajanank2729265_1-1587200987381.png

3. In the same module (my project-1), we have another component which inherit a tab from the dialog of master text component for title subtitle and description. as shown in below image

gajanank2729265_2-1587201252227.png

4. Issue that we are facing here is when we drag and drop master text component in the page we are able to see all the custom rte plugins in the component dialog. But when we are including the custom component on the page, we are getting only default rte plugins and not the custom plugins defined in the global module.

Please let me know if we need any special configuration for this.

Thanks,

Gajanan

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

To use RTE properly I would suggest you to check https://blogs.perficient.com/2017/03/03/how-to-architect-a-rte-solution-for-aem-touch-ui-dialog/

Avoid inheriting dialog fields instead of use include in a dialog like in core page components page property tabs are added.

Arun Patidar

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

To use RTE properly I would suggest you to check https://blogs.perficient.com/2017/03/03/how-to-architect-a-rte-solution-for-aem-touch-ui-dialog/

Avoid inheriting dialog fields instead of use include in a dialog like in core page components page property tabs are added.

Arun Patidar