Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Issues after applying SP1 to AEM 6.1 instance

Level 4

After installing AEM-6.1-Service-Pack-1 I can't reach several sites within AEM, (even the main page at http://localhost:4502/projects.html). I get the error listed below, informing me that there are issues in  /libs/cq/experiencelog/components/head/head.jsp. This is listed as a "Known issue", and the fix is supposed to be fairly simple, (just recompile the JSPs). I've tried the following things, to no avail. The issue is still there.

1. Gone to http://localhost:4502/system/console/slingjsp, and hit the "Recompile all JSPs" button. Restarted AEM. How do I know that the JSPs have really been recompiled? I can no longer look off of /var/classes to delete the classes, and see the new ones generated. When I look on the disk at .../author/crx-quickstart/launchpad/felix/bundle218/data/classes, I don't see the date for the classes changing. I've even stopped AEM, deleted the "classes" folder, and then restarted. It will regenerate the classes folder, but how do I ensure that all JSPs, (such as the head.jsp) is recompiled??? How can I verify that they have all been regenerated, (since I can't look off of /var/classes any longer)?

2. I've rebuilt the SP1 package, and re-installed it, to no avail.

So, how do I fix this? How did others fix this? I wasn't using AEM when I applied the Service Pack, (though I did have multiple windows open to CRXDE lite, and several other sites). Could this possibly be a java version mismatch issue? Even so, recompiling all of the JSPs should clear it up, (unless I need to build certain modules prior to compiling them to ensure that annotations, (e.g. @Component, are translated correctly etc.)).

Error:

Cannot serve request to /projects.html in /libs/cq/experiencelog/components/head/head.jsp Exception: org.apache.sling.scripting.jsp.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for JSP: An error occurred at line: 6 in the generated java file Only a type can be imported. com.adobe.cq.experiencelog.ExperienceLogConfig resolves to a package An error occurred at line: 24 in the jsp file: /libs/cq/experiencelog/components/head/head.jsp ExperienceLogConfig cannot be resolved to a type 21: %><%@taglib prefix="cq" uri="http://www.day.com/taglibs/cq/1.0" %><% 22: %><cq:defineObjects /><% 23: 24: ExperienceLogConfig experienceLogConfig = sling.getService(ExperienceLogConfig.class); 25: if (experienceLogConfig.isEnabled(slingRequest)) { 26:     %><script src="<%=xssAPI.encodeForHTMLAttr(experienceLogConfig.getTrackingScript())%>"></script><% 27: }
26 Replies

Level 4

Opkar Gill wrote...

You mentioned a Java versions mismatch, did you change the version of java you were using after the upgrade? 

Regards,

Opkar

No, but I was just thinking that perhaps, the version of java that Adobe used to compile the JSPs that were included in the SP1 package, might be different from the JVM that I'm running on, (which I've seen cause issues before). That's why I want to know how I can verify that all of the JSPs have been re-compiled, (i.e. both specific/individual JSPs, and also, if I wanted to recompile every JSP in AEM). It was easy to do that in AEM 5.61 and earlier versions, but now that they no longer store compiled classes under /var/classes, it seems to be very tough to know where to look for each JSP on the disk, (unless they are all under the FSC ClassLoader directory).

Level 10

I see this issue only with /projects.html

but I am able to access all other URLs like /welcome.html, /crx/de, /system/console etc..

Employee

I just started my instance with SP1 and did not get the issue with "/projects.html". For the original issue, I'd raise a daycare ticket and see if support can help you out.

Regards,

Opkar

Level 4

bsloki wrote...

I see this issue only with /projects.html

but I am able to access all other URLs like /welcome.html, /crx/de, /system/console etc..

That's correct. It's only ../project.html, and a few other .html pages, (i.e. all of the touch UI stuff).

Former Community Member

any news on this issue?

We have the same problem and rely heavily on the touch UI.

Level 2

Did we find resolution for this I am also facing same issue. Below are few errors I see while startup.

18.02.2016 06:01:29.241 *ERROR* [FelixStartLevel] ERROR: Error starting fileinstallpatch:/com.adobe.granite.contexthub.commons-0.0.36.jar (org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unresolved constraint in bundle com.adobe.granite.contexthub.commons [444]: Unable to resolve 444.0: missing requirement [444.0] osgi.wiring.package; (&(osgi.wiring.package=com.day.cq.widget)(version>=5.5.0)(!(version>=6.0.0))))

org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unresolved constraint in bundle com.adobe.granite.contexthub.commons [444]: Unable to resolve 444.0: missing requirement [444.0] osgi.wiring.package; (&(osgi.wiring.package=com.day.cq.widget)(version>=5.5.0)(!(version>=6.0.0)))

at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.resolveBundleRevision(Felix.java:4095)

at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.startBundle(Felix.java:2114)

at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.setActiveStartLevel(Felix.java:1368)

at org.apache.felix.framework.FrameworkStartLevelImpl.run(FrameworkStartLevelImpl.java:308)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

18.02.2016 06:01:29.244 *ERROR* [FelixStartLevel] ERROR: Error starting fileinstallpatch:/cq-address-1.1.6.jar (org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unresolved constraint in bundle com.adobe.cq.cq-address [445]: Unable to resolve 445.0: missing requirement [445.0] osgi.wiring.package; (&(osgi.wiring.package=com.adobe.cq.address.api)(version>=1.0.0)(!(version>=1.1.0))))

org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unresolved constraint in bundle com.adobe.cq.cq-address [445]: Unable to resolve 445.0: missing requirement [445.0] osgi.wiring.package; (&(osgi.wiring.package=com.adobe.cq.address.api)(version>=1.0.0)(!(version>=1.1.0)))

at org.apache.felix.framework.FrameworkStartLevelImpl.run(FrameworkStartLevelImpl.java:308)

18.02.2016 06:01:29.252 *ERROR* [FelixStartLevel] ERROR: Error starting fileinstallpatch:/cq-content-insight-1.1.14.jar (org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unresolved constraint in bundle com.adobe.cq.cq-content-insight [446]: Unable to resolve 446.0: missing requirement [446.0] osgi.wiring.package; (&(osgi.wiring.package=com.adobe.cq.contentinsight)(version>=1.0.0)(!(version>=1.1.0))))

org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unresolved constraint in bundle com.adobe.cq.cq-content-insight [446]: Unable to resolve 446.0: missing requirement [446.0] osgi.wiring.package; (&(osgi.wiring.package=com.adobe.cq.contentinsight)(version>=1.0.0)(!(version>=1.1.0)))

18.02.2016 06:01:29.253 *ERROR* [FelixStartLevel] ERROR: Error starting fileinstallpatch:/cq-experiencelog-1.0.12.jar (org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unresolved constraint in bundle com.adobe.cq.cq-experiencelog [447]: Unable to resolve 447.0: missing requirement [447.0] osgi.wiring.package; (&(osgi.wiring.package=com.adobe.cq.experiencelog)(version>=1.0.0)(!(version>=2.0.0))))

org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unresolved constraint in bundle com.adobe.cq.cq-experiencelog [447]: Unable to resolve 447.0: missing requirement [447.0] osgi.wiring.package; (&(osgi.wiring.package=com.adobe.cq.experiencelog)(version>=1.0.0)(!(version>=2.0.0)))

18.02.2016 06:01:29.254 *ERROR* [FelixStartLevel] ERROR: Error starting fileinstallpatch:/cq-mcm-campaign-1.0.20.jar (org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unresolved constraint in bundle com.day.cq.mcm.cq-mcm-campaign [448]: Unable to resolve 448.0: missing requirement [448.0] osgi.wiring.package; (&(osgi.wiring.package=com.adobe.cq.mcm.campaign)(version>=1.0.0)(!(version>=2.0.0))))

org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unresolved constraint in bundle com.day.cq.mcm.cq-mcm-campaign [448]: Unable to resolve 448.0: missing requirement [448.0] osgi.wiring.package; (&(osgi.wiring.package=com.adobe.cq.mcm.campaign)(version>=1.0.0)(!(version>=2.0.0)))

18.02.2016 06:01:29.255 *ERROR* [FelixStartLevel] ERROR: Error starting fileinstallpatch:/cq-mcm-core-5.9.10.jar (org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unresolved constraint in bundle com.day.cq.mcm.cq-mcm-core [449]: Unable to resolve 449.0: missing requirement [449.0] osgi.wiring.package; (&(osgi.wiring.package=com.adobe.granite.security.user)(version>=1.2.0)(!(version>=2.0.0))))

org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unresolved constraint in bundle com.day.cq.mcm.cq-mcm-core [449]: Unable to resolve 449.0: missing requirement [449.0] osgi.wiring.package; (&(osgi.wiring.package=com.adobe.granite.security.user)(version>=1.2.0)(!(version>=2.0.0)))

18.02.2016 06:01:29.256 *ERROR* [FelixStartLevel] ERROR: Error starting fileinstallpatch:/cq-mcm-emailprovider-1.2.6.jar (org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unresolved constraint in bundle com.day.cq.mcm.cq-mcm-emailprovider [450]: Unable to resolve 450.0: missing requirement [450.0] osgi.wiring.package; (osgi.wiring.package=com.day.cq.commons.inherit))

org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unresolved constraint in bundle com.day.cq.mcm.cq-mcm-emailprovider [450]: Unable to resolve 450.0: missing requirement [450.0] osgi.wiring.package; (osgi.wiring.package=com.day.cq.commons.inherit)

18.02.2016 06:01:29.258 *ERROR* [FelixStartLevel] ERROR: Error starting fileinstallpatch:/cq-mcm-exacttarget-integration-1.2.8.jar (org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unresolved constraint in bundle com.day.cq.mcm.cq-mcm-exacttarget-integration [451]: Unable to resolve 451.0: missing requirement [451.0] osgi.wiring.package; (&(osgi.wiring.package=com.adobe.granite.crypto)(version>=1.1.0)(!(version>=2.0.0))))

org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unresolved constraint in bundle com.day.cq.mcm.cq-mcm-exacttarget-integration [451]: Unable to resolve 451.0: missing requirement [451.0] osgi.wiring.package; (&(osgi.wiring.package=com.adobe.granite.crypto)(version>=1.1.0)(!(version>=2.0.0)))

18.02.2016 06:01:29.259 *ERROR* [FelixStartLevel] ERROR: Error starting fileinstallpatch:/cq-mcm-landingpage-1.2.6.jar (org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unresolved constraint in bundle com.day.cq.mcm.cq-mcm-landingpage [452]: Unable to resolve 452.0: missing requirement [452.0] osgi.wiring.package; (osgi.wiring.package=com.day.cq.commons.jcr))

org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unresolved constraint in bundle com.day.cq.mcm.cq-mcm-landingpage [452]: Unable to resolve 452.0: missing requirement [452.0] osgi.wiring.package; (osgi.wiring.package=com.day.cq.commons.jcr)