Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Issue with Twitter login in AEM Community.

Level 1

Hi,

I am facing an issue with login in Aem Community with Twitter(6.4).

I have created a Twitter app and configure the credentials as described in the official document but when I click on login with twitter it opens the AEM login page.

this is the URL I am getting.

http://localhost:4503/libs/granite/core/content/login.html?resource=%2F&$$login$$=%24%24login%24%24&... 

I have successfully configured Facebook login but twitter login is just not happening.

1694735_pastedImage_2.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

The created user should be assigned to a group so that permissions are assigned automatically otherwise, just for testing, you may assign the permissions on the user manually and test.

The error you pasted is Oauth error which means its not configured correctly. You'd definitely need to check the configurations again or may be do it from scratch. This configuration must work in to proceed further & creation of user.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

Did you follow all the steps mentioned @ Social Login with Facebook and Twitter ?

Could you validate Twitter's client Id/secret are configured correctly? Does the created user/group have appropriate permissions?

Create Users If checked, logging in with a Twitter account will create an AEM user entry and add them as a member to the selected user group(s).  Default is checked (strongly recommended).

Groups: (Recommended) One or more member groups to which created users are added. OOB Twitter login module would create user with in AEM who needs to be added to a group with appropriate permissions.

User Path
Location in the repository where user data is stored. For a community site, to ensure permissions for members to view one another's profile, the path should be the default /home/users/community.

Level 1

Hi Gaurav,

Thanks a lot for responding.

I have followed all the steps provided in the doc.

Enable OAuth Authentication, configuration of cloud service for twitter with id and secret.

"Create Users" is checked

For "groups" I have left them empty.

Is this the issue?

after these configs when I click on login with twitter it shows me aem login page and I see below exception in my logs.

20.02.2019 11:02:00.243 *ERROR* [qtp153646117-2166] com.adobe.granite.auth.oauth.impl.OAuthAuthenticationHandler extractCredentials: Failure requesting authorization for configId 2553523b6956e7f2261eda8e4b5c19fd

java.io.IOException: Failed requesting authorization

Correct answer by
Level 10

The created user should be assigned to a group so that permissions are assigned automatically otherwise, just for testing, you may assign the permissions on the user manually and test.

The error you pasted is Oauth error which means its not configured correctly. You'd definitely need to check the configurations again or may be do it from scratch. This configuration must work in to proceed further & creation of user.

Level 10

Gaurav is correct - looks like OAuth is not properly configured.