Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Issue with Textarea xtype picking value from the JSP

Level 10

Hello,

Is there a way to pass a data to a widget in a dialog from the JSP.

I am trying to have the value of the widget(textarea xtype) which is initially hidden, an onclick of a checkox i would have the texarea as xtype shown, bearing the value that is  stored under the dc:description property of a particular asset, which has been dragged and dropped onto the drop target area in the same dialog.

I managed to use selectionchanged listener for the checkbox and i am able to populate the text area with the asset's dc:description value, but if i have multiple such components on the page the first component's dc:description value gets picked up.

In jsp:     <input id ="desc" type ="text" value ="<%=assetDesc%>"/>  //prints the right dc:description values(stored in assetDesc variable) for each component dropped on the page,

in listener: var desc=document.getElementById("desc").value;// always returns the value of the component that has been dropped on the page first.

Any help ?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

Hi,
it will be difficult to use this since you can't really have several elements on a page with the same id (or you can but definitely should not).
You need to create a unique id for each element if you want to user getElementById. Otherwise it will just pick the first element with that id on the page.

/Johan

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 7

Hi,
it will be difficult to use this since you can't really have several elements on a page with the same id (or you can but definitely should not).
You need to create a unique id for each element if you want to user getElementById. Otherwise it will just pick the first element with that id on the page.

/Johan