Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Issue with Machine Translation

Level 7

I have developed a connector or machine translation that does not support storing translation in memory. Everytime I send a page for translation, it sends its parent pages also for translation. 

If my parent pages are already translated, it is an overhead in terms of cost. Is there a way to turn it off, some configuration maybe?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

in that case need to develop an custom workflow process. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

Sounds like a custom implementation issue.  can you provide more details to reproduce the same in fresh vanilla instance without custom code?

Level 7

Actually its there in the OOTB workflow process... When language copy is created and sent for translation(TranslateLanguageCopyProcess),   traverseAndTranslateParent(result, inputResource, tSvc); is recursively called and hence all parent pages are also sent for translation 

Correct answer by
Level 10

in that case need to develop an custom workflow process. 

Level 7

Yah, I was thinking of it as last resort as creating a custom process step would mean copying all code from OOTB process and removing just the tranverseParent part...