Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Issue with all package installation in AEM 6.5.5

Community Advisor

Hello Team,

When I have a project setup which has say 3 tenants.. each tenant has its own ui.apps and ui.content.. ui.apps has its core bundle embedded in it.

Now when we build and deploy project to aem 6.5.5 instance using cloud manager.. my first tenant gets installed/updated but sometimes it just skips 2 and 3 tenants.. when I check package manager and do manual install each tenant it gets installed.

I am suspecting that when my first tenant gets installed via all package.. it is going in phase of "Starting System Components" state.. meanwhile second tenant installation gets triggered but not completing.

@kaushal_mall 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

* Is this a AMS-based Cloudmanager setup or Cloud Service?

* Are all these ui.apps/ui.content packages contained in a single "uber-package"?

And yes, it could work as you suspect, but in the end, only the logs can tell exactly what's going on.

From a technical point of view, it doesn't matter if multi-tenant or not, it's just that you deploy a number of bundles in your deployment. That's definitely not uncommon, but also not a problem per se. So there must be some other factor which is affecting you.

A scenario could be that when you install your first bundle, the OSGI container is required to rewire a lot because of the services which are installed. And that during that time some events cannot be handled properly. But that is all visible in the logs. So start at the point, where the first bundle is installed, and check for other services to be stopped and started, which are not part of that bundle. And then check what happens with your other bundles.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

* Is this a AMS-based Cloudmanager setup or Cloud Service?

* Are all these ui.apps/ui.content packages contained in a single "uber-package"?

And yes, it could work as you suspect, but in the end, only the logs can tell exactly what's going on.

From a technical point of view, it doesn't matter if multi-tenant or not, it's just that you deploy a number of bundles in your deployment. That's definitely not uncommon, but also not a problem per se. So there must be some other factor which is affecting you.

A scenario could be that when you install your first bundle, the OSGI container is required to rewire a lot because of the services which are installed. And that during that time some events cannot be handled properly. But that is all visible in the logs. So start at the point, where the first bundle is installed, and check for other services to be stopped and started, which are not part of that bundle. And then check what happens with your other bundles.

Community Advisor
@Jörg_Hoh yes it is AMS setup and it is an Uber-Jar. My point is, isn't it a common Scenario for almost cases to have multi tenant model. How to solve it. Appreciate any help.

Employee Advisor

From a technical point of view it doesn't matter if multi-tenant or not, it's just that you deploy a number of bundles in your deployment. That's definitely not uncommon, but also not a problem per se. So there must be some other factor which is affecting you.