Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Issue with ACS replication-workflow-process when uninstalling a package

Level 2

Hi, I have been using the replication-workflow-process (https://github.com/cqsupport/replication-workflow-process) to trigger a replication from one AEM author instance (source) to another AEM author (destination) via a workflow process step. Everything is working as expected except when attempting to uninstall the package on the destination AEM instance, the "uninstall" option is not available in the dropdown. I can see the status of the package as "Version: 2022.12.06.09.50.35 | Build: 1 Last installed 9:52 | admin" but no way to uninstall it manually using the package manager. I can uninstall it using the curl command with the same "admin" credentials as it was originally installed but no through the UI. Is this a bug or the way the package is replicated from source AEM to destination? Below are the options I'm using set on the workflow process (similar to whats documented on https://adobe-consulting-services.github.io/acs-aem-commons/features/workflow-processes/content-trav...

Greatly appreciate any suggestions.

agents=Author-12345
replicationActionType=ACTIVATE
synchronous=true
suppressVersions=true
throttle=false
traverseTree=true

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @AEMUSER1000,

This is OOTB AEM behavior, and it is not related to ACS Commons or replication-workflow-process.

So, in case you are replicating the package it will be installed without package snapshot creation. This means there will be no data that are required to proceed with uninstallation process and revert repository to the state before package was installed. Please have a look on this part of documentation that describes Uninstall option.

This the reason why Uninstall option is not available on the Package Manger level.

Regarding curl command, are you sure it has uninstalled your package. I have checked that on AEM 6.5.13 and indeed I got following response

{"success":true,"msg":"Package uninstalled"}

But when I went to my AEM instance and checked package status it was still in Install state and content that was installed via given package was on instance as well. Most likely curl api is returning incorrect status.

I do no think uninstallation will work for replicated package, does not matter if you will try to use GUI or command line. It will not work due to missing snapshot as it has been explained already.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @AEMUSER1000,

This is OOTB AEM behavior, and it is not related to ACS Commons or replication-workflow-process.

So, in case you are replicating the package it will be installed without package snapshot creation. This means there will be no data that are required to proceed with uninstallation process and revert repository to the state before package was installed. Please have a look on this part of documentation that describes Uninstall option.

This the reason why Uninstall option is not available on the Package Manger level.

Regarding curl command, are you sure it has uninstalled your package. I have checked that on AEM 6.5.13 and indeed I got following response

{"success":true,"msg":"Package uninstalled"}

But when I went to my AEM instance and checked package status it was still in Install state and content that was installed via given package was on instance as well. Most likely curl api is returning incorrect status.

I do no think uninstallation will work for replicated package, does not matter if you will try to use GUI or command line. It will not work due to missing snapshot as it has been explained already.

Level 2

Thanks Lukasz, 

That explains the behavior. What options would you recommend for adding the ability to be able to uninstall/revert back in the destination AEM instance? One I can think of is building a package with the same filter/definition on the destination AEM and then replicating from source AEM to destination AEM. Or is there an easier way to do this within the replication operation itself?

Thanks again.

Employee Advisor

hi @AEMUSER1000 , 

When you check the uninstall option, have you logged in with admin user? This could be permission issue when you see the option disabled for user.

Please check the permission of your user for /etc/packages path and check whether you have delete permission on the path.

Thanks,

Nikita Garg