Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Handling Select Event (dropdown) on overlayed "Create Workflow" Model

Level 4

Hi, 

This is about handling an event on the overlayed "Create Workflow" model. Basically, I have to handle an event when the value changes in the dropdown

1. I have done an overlay from
    /libs/dam/gui/content/commons/createworkflowdialog -> /apps/dam/gui/content/commons/createworkflowdialog

2. Added two new text fields - text field 3 and 4 (Selected green)

Now based on the selection of the workflow title/name from the dropdown I have to hide or show two new text fields which I have added.

I used an approach using a CSS selector to hide/show the newly added fields and it didn't work
    http://www.sgaemsolutions.com/2019/01/showhide-tabs-and-fields-based-on-drop.html 

One thing I noticed about the dialog we overlayed is having sling:resourceType as granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/dialog and the one which uses CSS selector is of type 
    cq/gui/components/authoring/dialog

We also tried to achieve this by creating a clientLib under /apps/dam/gui/content/commons/
    and it just not loading when model comes up.

Please suggest to me the best approach. 

mrudul_0-1669751816016.png

mrudul_1-1669751925801.png

TIA!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Just to Summarize how I fixed this:

This didn't work with CSS selector as the overlay was failing when I try to use cq:Component. I added a granite:class for each of the components and have to write clientlib to handle this.
Even after this, I faced a problem in loading the clientlib as I had to load the clientLib as shown below

mrudul_1-1670432567643.png

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @mrudul,

1. You have to use granite:data if you want to use data attributes
  2. You have to use granite:class instead of plain class if you want to add a custom class.

Please refer this: https://andreishilov.github.io/blog/show-hide-on-select/

Also, you can think about wcm.io extension here: https://wcm.io/wcm/ui/granite/showhide.html

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Santosh

Level 4

Hi @SantoshSai 

I forgot to mention it in the main description. I have tried granite:class well and something exactly similar which you have shared and hoping it should work. But it didn't. 
If you observe closely there are a few differences in the node structure where in my case I have to use the form component which wraps all other fields and also the select is loaded dynamically from the data source. 
To rule out an issue with dynamic select  I even created a static dropdown field something like this, it didn't work either

I am not sure if using a form is hindering this functionality.  - /apps/dam/gui/content/commons/createworkflowdialog/items/form

mrudul_0-1669755368880.png

Correct answer by
Level 4

Just to Summarize how I fixed this:

This didn't work with CSS selector as the overlay was failing when I try to use cq:Component. I added a granite:class for each of the components and have to write clientlib to handle this.
Even after this, I faced a problem in loading the clientlib as I had to load the clientLib as shown below

mrudul_1-1670432567643.png