Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Issue while implemeting : Shared Component Properties

Employee Advisor

Hi,

I have created a header component and its has feature to display company logo as well.

As the company logo would be shared through out the site , I have decided to implement shared component properties and I have referred following links -Shared Component Properties​.

Here are my implementation steps -

1. Have installed the 'activation package' and after installation sling:osgiConfig node has created at /apps/shared-component-properties/config/com.adobe.acs.commons.wcm.properties.shared.impl.SharedComponentPropertiesImpl.

2. Two clientlibs has been created at : /etc/clientlibs/shared-component-properties , named: /etc/clientlibs/shared-component-properties/classicui and /etc/clientlibs/shared-component-properties/touchui.

3. I haven't modified anything at the above mentioned osgi config node and clientlibs level.

4. Next, I have created sling:osgiConfig node named: com.adobe.acs.commons.wcm.impl.PageRootProviderImpl at /apps/mysite/config and added mutivalue property called: /content/mysite/[a-z]{2}.

I have closely followed the links for the remaining steps. But, I am getting bellow debug message-

13.11.2017 11:53:06.555 *DEBUG* [0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 [1510554186281] GET /libs/wcm/core/content/pageinfo.json HTTP/1.1] com.adobe.acs.commons.wcm.properties.shared.impl.SharedComponentPropertiesPageInfoProvider Calculated map of components with shared properties dialogs: {shared-component-properties-example/components/content/shared-component-props-example=[true, true, true, true], mysite/components/structure/header=[true, true, true, true]}

13.11.2017 11:53:06.555 *DEBUG* [0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 [1510554186281] GET /libs/wcm/core/content/pageinfo.json HTTP/1.1] com.adobe.acs.commons.wcm.impl.PageRootProviderImpl Resource path does not include the configured page root path.

13.11.2017 11:53:06.555 *DEBUG* [0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 [1510554186281] GET /libs/wcm/core/content/pageinfo.json HTTP/1.1] com.adobe.acs.commons.wcm.properties.shared.impl.SharedComponentPropertiesPageInfoProvider No Page Root could be found for [ /content/mysite/test ]

I have tested with sample shared component (shared-component-props-example) as well but, unable to get 'shared Properties Icon' and 'Global Properties Icon'.

Then I have moved node: 'com.adobe.acs.commons.wcm.impl.PageRootProviderImpl' at the /apps/shared-component-properties/config/com.adobe.acs.commons.wcm.impl.PageRootProviderImpl but, no luck.

Here is the json response -

1347274_pastedImage_9.png

Please let me know if I have missed anything.

Thanks,

Debal

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

I have fixed the issue. I have faced the issue due to wrong value at property called: page.root.path. In should be /content/mysite(root page of my application).

Now I am getting 'Edit Shared' and 'Edit Global' both while authoring.

1349615_pastedImage_0.png

In next step I have included  the above component

Have created cq:editConfig node at /apps/components/structure/header/cq:editConfig and I have added following options -

Edit, Target,Delete, Edit Shared,Edit Global,Annotate, Cut,Copy using cq:actions multivalue property.

But, I am getting only Edit, Target,Delete.

How do I include Edit Shared,Edit Global,Annotate, Cut,Copy using cq:actions.

Thanks

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 2

Can you check if the ACS AEM Commons Bundle is active.

Employee Advisor

Yes, its in active state -

1347435_pastedImage_0.png

Thanks,

Debal

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

I have fixed the issue. I have faced the issue due to wrong value at property called: page.root.path. In should be /content/mysite(root page of my application).

Now I am getting 'Edit Shared' and 'Edit Global' both while authoring.

1349615_pastedImage_0.png

In next step I have included  the above component

Have created cq:editConfig node at /apps/components/structure/header/cq:editConfig and I have added following options -

Edit, Target,Delete, Edit Shared,Edit Global,Annotate, Cut,Copy using cq:actions multivalue property.

But, I am getting only Edit, Target,Delete.

How do I include Edit Shared,Edit Global,Annotate, Cut,Copy using cq:actions.

Thanks