Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

issue using hr tag in richtext.....

Level 3

Hi guys! :) 

Recently i added a custom plugin for my richtext, to print hr tag, and works perfectly but when i positioned the cursor in a position below at hr line, start an infinite recursive call, i think the richtext have a method (updateToolsbar) and dont recognize my hr plugins, i need suggestions for that issue? Can somebody help me please? I'm new using AEM  like 3 months and half, please remember that!, i'm not an expert! ;) LOL.......Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

I don't have an answer to the exact question you asked, since it's a custom plugin and we do not have the code, it's impossible to diagnose, however, i would question the implementation method.

I think that writing custom plugins for the text editor, especially moving forward with the Touch UI (and thus maintaining 2 code bases for the same plugin), is a bad idea - same for custom EXTJS widgets.  It would be much much simpler to create a Horizontal Rule component.  You would literally create a new component definition, your .html or .jsp file would simply contain <hr /> and you add a cq:editConfig node to the component.  Done.  No javascript, no custom plugins, no incompatibility between versions of AEM.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 8

I don't have an answer to the exact question you asked, since it's a custom plugin and we do not have the code, it's impossible to diagnose, however, i would question the implementation method.

I think that writing custom plugins for the text editor, especially moving forward with the Touch UI (and thus maintaining 2 code bases for the same plugin), is a bad idea - same for custom EXTJS widgets.  It would be much much simpler to create a Horizontal Rule component.  You would literally create a new component definition, your .html or .jsp file would simply contain <hr /> and you add a cq:editConfig node to the component.  Done.  No javascript, no custom plugins, no incompatibility between versions of AEM.

Level 3

thanks leeasling for you fast help.......we have a component like this, but we have a new requirement for print and <hr> line in the text editor for a better work for the people who use this component, so we propose add that new plugin like a better solution and now i have this issue.................however thanks a lot for your help