Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Issue saving page properties

Level 5

Hi guys,

I'm having an issue saving a page properties in 6.3 using touch ui. I navigated to the page using site.html and clicked properties. I changed the property and clicked Save & Close, but nothing happens. I can edit the property using crx, but touch ui does not work.

There are no log messages either (perhaps I need to turn up logging but which package?).

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@jkpanera,

If the page cannot save properties when the "save" button is clicked on, there is definitely some kind of error happening. Errors like what you are experiencing must exist in 2 places: browser console and error.log. 

Can you please provide a screenshot of the errors in:

1. Browser Console
  2. ./${aemJAR}.jar/crx-quickstart/logs/error.log - for the Stack Trace.

Once you understand the errors from the logs, it should give you more information on how to fix the problem. From a quick glance, the problem can exist because of invalid the Touch UI dialogue configuration.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@jkpanera,

If the page cannot save properties when the "save" button is clicked on, there is definitely some kind of error happening. Errors like what you are experiencing must exist in 2 places: browser console and error.log. 

Can you please provide a screenshot of the errors in:

1. Browser Console
  2. ./${aemJAR}.jar/crx-quickstart/logs/error.log - for the Stack Trace.

Once you understand the errors from the logs, it should give you more information on how to fix the problem. From a quick glance, the problem can exist because of invalid the Touch UI dialogue configuration.

Level 5

Okay so what was going on is that a required page property was not filled out. The thing that was confusing is that the required field was on another tab, so I couldn't actually see it. There should be a banner/snackbar/something so that it is easier to see even when on other tabs.

Community Advisor
Yup, typically when you include the property of "required=true", then the Touch UI dialogue will highlight the field in read, along with it's parent tab (if any).