Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Issue in AEMaaCS Overlay

Community Advisor

We are trying to overlay /libs/screens/core/components/page/cq:dialog which is a Screens related page properties in /apps path and it works fine when we check on our local SDK.

However, when we deploy to AEM Cloud Dev environment, it fails during the 'Build Image' phase (when custom artifacts are merged with AEM Cloud) with below error:

java.nio.file.NoSuchFileException: output/customer-extract/scripts/target/customer-precompiled-scripts-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar at java.base/sun.nio.fs.UnixException.translateToIOException(UnixException.java:92) at java.base/sun.nio.fs.UnixException.rethrowAsIOException(UnixException.java:111) at java.base/sun.nio.fs.UnixException.rethrowAsIOException(UnixException.java:116) at java.base/sun.nio.fs.UnixFileSystemProvider.newByteChannel(UnixFileSystemProvider.java:219) at java.base/java.nio.file.spi.FileSystemProvider.newOutputStream(FileSystemProvider.java:478) at java.base/java.nio.file.Files.newOutputStream(Files.java:220) at aQute.lib.io.IO.outputStream(IO.java:1138) at aQute.lib.io.IO.outputStream(IO.java:1134) at aQute.bnd.osgi.Jar.write(Jar.java:510) at com.adobe.granite.fact.command.ScriptingBundleCommand.call(ScriptingBundleCommand.java:116) at com.adobe.granite.fact.command.CompileScriptsCommand.doCall(CompileScriptsCommand.java:145) at com.adobe.granite.fact.command.AbstractRepoCommand.call(AbstractRepoCommand.java:67) at com.adobe.granite.fact.command.BuildImageCommand.doCustomerScripts(BuildImageCommand.java:720) at com.adobe.granite.fact.command.BuildImageCommand$2.run(BuildImageCommand.java:1131) at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834)

The error message doesn't provide the details but if I remove the overlay the build is successful. So there is something definitely wrong/missing which I am not able to figure out.

Has anyone encountered such case while overlaying OOTB component in AEMaaCS? Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

I would suggest to create your own component in the project /apps/mypro/components/screen and extend with /libs/screens/core/components/page

This will help you to use your own implementation with inheriting existing features

Arun Patidar

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Are you using Sling Resource Merger ?

Note : The Sling Resource Merger and the related methods can only be used with Granite. This means that creating an overlay with a skeleton structure is only appropriate for the standard, touch-enabled UI.

Refer: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-cloud-service/content/implementing/develo...

Himanshu Jain

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

I would suggest to create your own component in the project /apps/mypro/components/screen and extend with /libs/screens/core/components/page

This will help you to use your own implementation with inheriting existing features

Arun Patidar