Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Is this possible to maintain version of JSON assest files in AEM?

Level 2

Actually i have requirement like , we have uploaded the json files in dam asset, the file was frequently changing and need to maintain the version. I have tried to created the version using the option in AEM, but the version is created for the old content which is already updated not for the currently updated file, so while creating version it was so confused. could you  please help me to get proper version for the json files.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @naresh19 

When you upload an asset with same name, it asks to maintain a version(for the older file) and put the new content in place(no version specified).

You have to manually create a version for the latest uploaded file manually as :

Screenshot 2022-01-27 at 8.09.52 PM.png

You can also create a custom workflow to create a version every-time the asset is uploaded.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 7

Hi Naresh,

as far as I understood you are using the functionality "create version" which appears when you upload the file.

In that case the behaviour is exactly as you described:

1. Create a version

2. Upload the new version file

I guess that by using the ootb function you need to invoke the "create version" functionality from the action bar after the upload.

So at the end the steps should be:

1. Upload your file (I guess that you can skip the create version during the upload)

2. Select the file

3. Access into the Actionbar > Create > Version

Let us know.

Thanks,

Antonio

Level 2

Hi antoniom5495929,

- I have created the version while uploading itself. So the version shouldd be create for upload file only right.

And also when i have to trying to revert to this particular version again one more version is creating for the same data, but that content also not which is i have updated it. i could not get the clarity for this. 

when we have using page version and jpg files its works differntly like the version is created for which we have uploaded only and the data also look same what we updated and while reverting its not create new verison. could you please try this scenario and let me know. i think the json file format is not supported for the versioning.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @naresh19 

When you upload an asset with same name, it asks to maintain a version(for the older file) and put the new content in place(no version specified).

You have to manually create a version for the latest uploaded file manually as :

Screenshot 2022-01-27 at 8.09.52 PM.png

You can also create a custom workflow to create a version every-time the asset is uploaded.

Thanks.

Level 2

Hi milind_bachani, Thanks for your response.REVIEW

i have faced the below issue,

- I have created the version while uploading itself. So the version shouldd be create for upload file only right.

And also when i have to trying to revert to this particular version again one more version is creating for the same data, but that content also not which is i have updated it. i could not get the clarity for this. 

when we have using page version and jpg files its works differntly like the version is created for which we have uploaded only and the data also look same what we updated and while reverting its not create new verison. could you please try this scenario and let me know. i think the json file format is not supported for the versioning.

Employee Advisor

@naresh19

@naresh19 I tried what you asked for :

Here are my observations:
1. Uploading the file , fresh file with no versions (size: 2B)

2. I updated the file(size: 20B) and re-upload, created a version for the older file and replaced it.

Note : current version(size: 20B) has no versioning

3. I reverted the file to older version(size: 2B) and a new version 1.1 is created for old current version(size: 20B)

And I see the same behaviour for other assets as well and I think the behaviour is same.

thanks.

Level 2

Hi Milind,

If we have revert the page versions its not create the new version for the reverted version.but in json file its making new version for every reverted one, so its not confusing customer which verion it its, even for the same file if its created multiple version that create more confusion.

For images and page version is not behaving like that. 

Thanks,

Naresh