Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Is there something in AEM where I can drag and drop variables like in Scratch?

Level 2

I would like to be able to expose a variety of variables whose values are retrieved after some api calls.

Then, these variables should be easily accessible to content author, so I am thinking of something like those Scratch building blocks so that the author can drag into some kind of rich text field. Is there something that serves this kind of purpose in AEM?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @alankzp ,
So, basically you are getting the variable from api and want to reuse them. Either you can use them directly into your custom component or you can also store them as window variable or in local storage to use later on.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @alankzp ,
So, basically you are getting the variable from api and want to reuse them. Either you can use them directly into your custom component or you can also store them as window variable or in local storage to use later on.

Community Advisor

@alankzp - You can try putting them as datasource in a dropdown and that dropdown you can attach to component.
So whereeven and whenever you need the variable or value you can just select it from the dropdown.