Expand my Community achievements bar.

Is there any way to upload files within folders?

Level 4

Can I upload a folder to dam?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

10 Replies

Community Advisor

@Johann_Lu you can only upload files in AEM DAM from the assets console.

However, this might be a possibility with the AEM desktop App (at least to some extent).

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-manager-desktop-app/using/archive/best-practic...

Level 4

My clients don't want to download a desktop App.

Community Advisor

If thats the case use ootb Extract archive.You can zip folders with files and drag and drop and unextract and as part of the process it will give you option to remove or keep the archive (zip) file also.

Community Advisor

@Johann_Lu  If your client is ok with creating a zip file of the folder structure that you want to upload, you can opt for the extract archive option.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-manager-learn/assets/advanced/extract-archive

Community Advisor

there is no straight forward way to customize  via code for drag and drop feature for regular folders unless for  archived folders.

Community Advisor

@Johann_Lu 

I am not sure which version of AEM are you using(6.5 or AEMaaCS) however you can achieve this using below options:

a) Extract Archive: You can zip and drag and drop the files along with required folder and subfolder structure and upload them to AEM Assets and select extract the Archive .This will extract the assets along with the folder structure .Please refer here

b) Bulk Import using S3 or Dropbox or google drive .You can create the folder structure along with assets to the supported cloud storage(Dropbox,Google drive, etc..) as shown here. This can migrate the same folder structure along with assets.

c) Other option is as @Harwinder-singh  mentioned you can use Desktop App to drag and drop.

Hope this answers your question.

Level 2

Hi @Johann_Lu , if your goal is to upload files to a specific folder in DAM, you can refer to this blog that explains the utilization of Asset Manager API: https://medium.com/rewrite-tech/how-to-upload-assets-in-aem-dam-using-the-assetmanager-api-179504753...
you can customize this according to your specific use case.

Hope this helps!

Community Advisor

@Johann_Lu As I understand from below thread after series of interaction is you want your users to upload folder directly inside AEM DAM 6.5 with less steps .As I mentioned earlier you can use Extract Archive Workflow you can customize as you asked in the thread.

Step 1: Customize the DAM Update Asset workflow add a pre step to check to find mime type of file if its imported as ZIP file Step 2: If its of zip file type then add the process step of "Extract Archive" Workflow this will automatically unzips the folder and file in the path .

So when ever a user uploads a zipped folder with asset files the above workflow will get launched automatically and unzips the file for user. They need not do any explicit unzip etc.

This way it will automate your entire process of uploading file to DAM with folders.