Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Is there any way to customize the behavior of CQ 6.1 SAX parser

Level 2

hi,

Is there a way to configure/customize the behavior of SAX parser included in Adobe CQ 6.1 (like a parameter to ignore the attribute validation)? 

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Administrator

HI

I have found this article, though it is not related to AEM, but there exist a flag where we can be use for ignoreing all validation related issues.

Link:- http://docs.intersystems.com/ens20091/csp/docbook/DocBook.UI.Page.cls?KEY=GXML_parser_options

Setting the Parser Flags
The %occSAX.inc include file lists the flags that you can use to control the validation performed by the Xerces parser. The basic flags are as follows:
  •  $$$SAXVALIDATION — Specifies whether to perform validation. If this flag is on (the default), all validation errors are reported.

I hope this would help you.

Thanks and Regards

Kautuk Sahni

Kautuk Sahni

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Employee Advisor

In what situation do you want to customize (or better: reconfigure) the parser?

kind regards,
Jörg

Correct answer by
Administrator

HI

I have found this article, though it is not related to AEM, but there exist a flag where we can be use for ignoreing all validation related issues.

Link:- http://docs.intersystems.com/ens20091/csp/docbook/DocBook.UI.Page.cls?KEY=GXML_parser_options

Setting the Parser Flags
The %occSAX.inc include file lists the flags that you can use to control the validation performed by the Xerces parser. The basic flags are as follows:
  •  $$$SAXVALIDATION — Specifies whether to perform validation. If this flag is on (the default), all validation errors are reported.

I hope this would help you.

Thanks and Regards

Kautuk Sahni

Kautuk Sahni

Level 2

Sorry for the delayed reply.

It seems in 6.1 the validations became stringent than 5.6. So, some of the cases which were ignored by 5.6 is being thrown as an exception in 6.1. To be precise we are looking for an option to use the parser in a backward compatible mode.

Thanks in advance,

Level 10

"some of the cases which were ignored by 5.6 is being thrown as an exception in 6.1. "

Can you give a detailed example of when an exception is thrown.

I do not think there is an option in 6.1 for backwards compatibity.