Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Is there a way to use a component of one AEM server on other AEM server?

Level 2

I have created a component on AEM server, say server1, which can be dragged/dropped to a site page. And, all the code related to the component is on server1(client and backend) only. Now, What i want is to use this component on other AEM server too so that i can dragged/dropped on site page on other server also without taking its code from server1 to other server. Is that possible?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

+1 to smacdonald2008

AEM is instance based and the repo is not shared. So you will have either deploy or package your code on each instance you want to use the component

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

Not the way AEM works. Components are based on Sling Resource types which means they are located in the JCR repository of the local server. What you need to do is package up the component(s) on Server A and deploy to Server B. Once you do that - you can use the given components.

Level 10

Even when you publish your page - all components have to be on the Pub instance too!

Correct answer by
Level 10

+1 to smacdonald2008

AEM is instance based and the repo is not shared. So you will have either deploy or package your code on each instance you want to use the component