Tip /
Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

SOLVED

Is there a way to associate a DAM location to a site (for ACS custom error handling)?

Level 7

Hello.

Can someone please help me debug a custom error handler that was developed by someone else? Thank you.

----------------

setup:

1. 4 sites in 1 AEM instance (/content/site1/en, /content/site2/en, /content/site3/en, /content/site4/en)

2. the 4 sites listed in no.1 each have an associated DAM location (/content/dam/site1, /content/dam/site2, /content/dam/site3, /content/dam/site4)

3. content of com.adobe.acs.commons.errorpagehandler.impl.ErrorPageHandlerImpl.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<jcr:root xmlns:sling="http://sling.apache.org/jcr/sling/1.0" xmlns:cq="http://www.day.com/jcr/cq/1.0" xmlns:jcr="http://www.jcp.org/jcr/1.0" xmlns:nt="http://www.jcp.org/jcr/nt/1.0"

jcr:primaryType="sling:OsgiConfig"

enabled="{Boolean}true"

cache.serve-authenticated="{Boolean}true"

cache.ttl="{Long}300"

error-page.system-path="/content/site1/en/errors/default"

error-page.fallback-name="500"

error-page.extension="html"

paths="[/content/site1/en:errors, /content/site2/en:errors, /content/site3/en:errors, /content/site4/en:errors]"/>

4. snippet of my custom 404.jsp

<%

if (!isAnonymousUser(slingRequest)) {

final ResourceService resourceService = sling.getService(ResourceService.class);

final String resourcePath = resource.getPath();

if (resourceService.getResource(resourcePath) != null) {

ErrorPageHandlerService acsErrorPageHandlerService = sling.getService(ErrorPageHandlerService.class);

if (acsErrorPageHandlerService != null && acsErrorPageHandlerService.isEnabled()) {

slingRequest = new ForbiddenRequest(slingRequest);

slingResponse.setStatus(403);

final String errorPagePath = acsErrorPageHandlerService.findErrorPage(slingRequest, resource);

if (errorPagePath != null) {

acsErrorPageHandlerService.resetRequestAndResponse(slingRequest, slingResponse, 403);

acsErrorPageHandlerService.includeUsingGET(slingRequest, slingResponse, errorPagePath);

return;

}

}

}

}

%><%@include file="/apps/acs-commons/components/utilities/errorpagehandler/404.jsp" %>

----------------

situation/problem:

When unauthorized user request for a protected page, I get a 403 page for that site.

example: visiting the protected page site2.myhost.com/about when the user is not authorized displays the 403 page located in /content/site2/en/errors/403.html

When unauthorized user request for a protected asset, I get the default error page which is located in /content/site1/en/errors/default

example: visiting site2.myhost.com/content/dam/site2/protected/my-pdf-here.pdf when the user is not authorized displays the default error page located in /content/site1/en/errors/default

It seems to me that AEM doesn't know that the path /content/dam/site2 is associated with /content/site2/en/errors.

--------------

fixes/workaround:

1. Is there a way to associate this? Or maybe there's a configuration option I missed?

2. The workaround I'm thinking of is to replace findErrorPage call above with some custom code where I will use if-else/switch to determine the error page that will be loaded based on the value of resourcePath.

something like:

if (resourcePath.Contains("/content/site2") || resourcePath.Contains("/content/dam/site2")) {

errorPagePath = "/content/site2/en/errors/403.html";

}

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Did you get a chance to try 'Error Images (since v1.7.0)'  Error Page Handler ? That might work for you

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Did you get a chance to try 'Error Images (since v1.7.0)'  Error Page Handler ? That might work for you