Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Is it possible to migrate pdf files directly from DM Server A to Server B?

Level 5

Hi,
There's a requirement from the customer to move the files between DM servers? Is it possible to migrate pdf files directly from DM Server A to Server B? Are there any existing tools to help move files between Dynamic Media servers?

Are there any events or integrations that will notify AEM when a file is uploaded to Dynamic Media?

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@keerthana_hn AFAIK i never seen a tool which can migrate the docs ourselves from one DM to another DM, You need to reach out to Adobe support for that.

Are there any events or integrations that will notify AEM when a file is uploaded to Dynamic Media? - Normally the upload to DM happens thru AEM, in this case the backend docs move happens between DM servers. i don't believe there will be event for AEM to subscribe to. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@keerthana_hn AFAIK i never seen a tool which can migrate the docs ourselves from one DM to another DM, You need to reach out to Adobe support for that.

Are there any events or integrations that will notify AEM when a file is uploaded to Dynamic Media? - Normally the upload to DM happens thru AEM, in this case the backend docs move happens between DM servers. i don't believe there will be event for AEM to subscribe to. 

Level 4

I think that's not possible but you can check with adobe.

But if you want to  solve this issue, 

You can aem an instance A where you can configure DM Server A and choose another aem instance B where you can configure DM Server B. Now you can use the content transfer tool or through package manager to move the pdf from aem instance a to aem instance B.    Once it is done, please run the dam update workflow on instance b .

With this step you can sync DM Server A and DM Server B