Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Is it Possible to Assign Permissions via Tags?

Level 3

Hi All,

We are using AEM 5.6.1, and wondering if there is a way to set permissions via Tags.  For instance, we may have assets stored in the DAM and tagged according to region (US, FR, DE, IT, etc.)  Is there some way we can set permissions so that a User can Modify assets that are tagged with "DE"?

If this isn't possible in 5.6.1, is it in 6.0?

Thank you for any suggestions or help you can provide!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

No, it is not possible. You could write an event handler, which sets permissions after tags have been created on an asset, but that leads probably to some confusion, because you can remove the permission to modify by yourself, and there's no chance to recover from that without the help of an admin. I do not recommend this approach.

Rather structure your assets into folders, and place the assets in there. Then put the right ACLs to the folder structure.

kind regards,
Jörg

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

No, it is not possible. You could write an event handler, which sets permissions after tags have been created on an asset, but that leads probably to some confusion, because you can remove the permission to modify by yourself, and there's no chance to recover from that without the help of an admin. I do not recommend this approach.

Rather structure your assets into folders, and place the assets in there. Then put the right ACLs to the folder structure.

kind regards,
Jörg

Level 3

Thanks Jörg, I appreciate your response.  Figured that was the case, but wanted to verify.