Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Is it advisable to use AEM Assets as Asset Repository and refer them on external sources such as in emails, splashpages, campaigns etc...

Level 2

I have  requirement to host some pdfs, splash pages or static site folders in AEM assets, configure them to a domain (for e.g. wcm.assets.com/training.pdf) and use them externally hosted materials such as emails, campaigns, externally hosted websites splashpages.

I was reluctant due to 1. I dont have any track of assets usage 2. Why CMS DAM for this, why not any static webserver. 

Trying to find out a technically strong reason to support me or to prove me wrong. 

Thoughts. 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

There could be many solution to achieve this . Let's say you are setting Global DAM solution for a customer . You need to serve images from DAM along with  some other details like Asset type , Asset category etc. which need to be displayed on any ecommerce site . Using DAM it would be very easy as you can manage everything from single place like metadata,  image URL (can publish on Dynamic media as well for performance ), asset Lifecyle etc. as per need. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

Adding on AEM dam will give flexibility for people who has access to the instance to add/remove on need basis. If you are using CDN, you can add them there also but authors need to provide additional access to cdn server to add/remove the files which they already have it on AEM. In AEM we can provide folder level access and schedule activate time when the assets be available live which does not achieve via CDN.

Correct answer by
Level 4

There could be many solution to achieve this . Let's say you are setting Global DAM solution for a customer . You need to serve images from DAM along with  some other details like Asset type , Asset category etc. which need to be displayed on any ecommerce site . Using DAM it would be very easy as you can manage everything from single place like metadata,  image URL (can publish on Dynamic media as well for performance ), asset Lifecyle etc. as per need.