Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Is anyone having problems with dialogs freezing in chrome in Windows?

Level 3

Hello,
I having some issues in AEM lately with Touch UI dialogs on Google Chrome / Chromium (Windows 7 - 64 bits).
When I try to open any Touch dialog the entire tab freezes. I tested in different instances of the AEM and it is happening even with the Geometrixx Website. This is also happening in different machines, but only in Windows environment. The problem apparently doesn't happen in Linux.
I tried to debug, but as the browser tab freezes I did not succeed on that.

Is anyone having or had the same issue and know a solution?

Kinds regards,

Vitor 
1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Administrator

Hi 

• Try running these sites via Google Chrome in Incognito Mode. This will temporarily disable your current extensions in case there is a faulty one in there that is interfering with your user experience (Ctrl+Shift+N is the shortcut). If freezing do not happens there, then there could be some extension which would be resulting into freezing.
  • Please take some time to check your computer for malware - malicious software may be why your Chrome is acting up.
  • You may also want to clear your cache and cookies.

PS: Please go to chrome debug console (press F12) before dialog freezes, check the console error message. And on network tab, check the status and timings of all the request and responses.

I hope would help you in debugging.

Thanks and Regards

Kautuk Sahni

Kautuk Sahni

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Level 10

I have never seen that before - has that always happened or started recently?

Level 3

I started happening during development.

We returned the code to a earlier stage (a period when we are sure this issue wasn't happening) and the issue happened again.

It is a really strange issue and we are having issues debugging because it freezes all the browser.

Level 10

Thats interesting, I have never faced it or heard of it ! 

However,

1. which AEM version are you using? Did you try re-installing the instance ?

2. Which chrome version ?

Level 3

AEM version 6.1.

Yes, we did reinstalled the instance.

Latest chorme version.

Level 3

We tried deleting the instance and creating a new one.

Without installing our project, we opened the geometrix dialog and chrome froze too.

Correct answer by
Administrator

Hi 

• Try running these sites via Google Chrome in Incognito Mode. This will temporarily disable your current extensions in case there is a faulty one in there that is interfering with your user experience (Ctrl+Shift+N is the shortcut). If freezing do not happens there, then there could be some extension which would be resulting into freezing.
  • Please take some time to check your computer for malware - malicious software may be why your Chrome is acting up.
  • You may also want to clear your cache and cookies.

PS: Please go to chrome debug console (press F12) before dialog freezes, check the console error message. And on network tab, check the status and timings of all the request and responses.

I hope would help you in debugging.

Thanks and Regards

Kautuk Sahni

Kautuk Sahni

Level 3

Hello kautuksahni,

We tried the three above and the dialogs of the clean instances still froze.

We tried chrome debug, bit nothing is logged.

Best regards,

Murilo

Level 3

Yes.

And chrome works for other operating systems(fedora, ubuntu and macOS).