Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Is anybody else having mandatory validation issues with the UserPicker widget?

Level 1

I am trying to use the User Picker at /libs/granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/form/userpicker to select a user/group in a custom AEM Project wizard.

The good news:

• Predictive Authorizable look-up works
  • Selection occurs correctly (e.g. the user ID is set correctly in the submitted values and saved into the Project)

The not so good news. If I make the field mandatory, validation only works if:

• The selection is made with a mouse
  • The selection is made using predictive entry (i.e. keyboard), you take away focus, go back and re-edit the string in the field... (i.e. some strange focus-in/focus-out, edit/re-edit)

Presumably, the event(s) that trigger a re-evaluation of the mandatory condition aren't triggered if all you do is type in the first few letters of a group or user's name and hit enter to select it.

Has anyone else run into this problem and if so, have you found a work-around? I'd rather not have to crack this code open just to fix mandatory validation for keyboard-only interaction.

Thank you for weighing in!

Taylor

2 Replies

Level 10

You may have discovered a bug. For this- you should file a a ticket so support teams and Eng teams are aware of this issue.