Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Installing JEE/Jboss .exe file

Level 4

Good morning,

I'm playing around the install procedures for AEM forms and i have downloaded the windows .exe file (aemforms_server_6_3_0_jboss_all_win) to install the JEE/Jboss environment.

I can use the defaults here and i will endup with an instance using default port 8080 and that works ok.

My issue is that im trying to get a second instance going on the same machine.

So, i was curious because i just ran the software .exe file for a second time and it installs it, but my issue would be that the port defaults are still going to be used.

So can i pass a parameter, or somthing like that (to that install.exe file), to change the default port to a different one??

If so, how might someone go about doing it.

If not, after the second install (it uses default port 8080 again), can i modify that install to point to another port number? (via file modifications or something like that)

Thank you very much,

Patrick

PS

this is for AEM 6.3

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Patrick,

If you are running the second instance for publishing, you do not need to run complete JEE installer. The publish instance can be a standalone AEM OSGi running in publish mode.  See, Configure the Publish instance section in the Post Deployment chapter of the following document:

https://helpx.adobe.com/pdf/aem-forms/6-3/install-single-server-jboss.pdf

If you are running multiple AEM Forms on JEE instances on a same machine, before you run the second install on a different location on the same machine, pass the following startup argument. It will bump the port number by the count of 110.

-Djboss.socket.binding.port-offset=110

You can use any value in place of 110. Ensure that the value used for publish and author instances is different. Here is the procedure to setup the apps server profile and argument:

1. Copy [AEM Forms on JEE download]\third_party\jboss.zip to a new location on your machine
  2. Create a folder named JBossPublish and unzip the contents of jboss.zip to it.
  3. Open the /JBossPublish/JBoss/bin/standalone.conf.bat file in an editor.
  4. Add the following argument to the standalone.conf.bat file of application server.
    Set JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -Djboss.socket.binding.port-offset=110
  5. Save and close the standalone.conf.bat file.
  6. Open the command prompt and navigate to the \JBossPublish\JBoss\bin folder.
  7. Run the following command to start the JBoss application server for publish.
    standalone.bat -b 0.0.0.0 -c standalone.xml
    If the above IP does not work, replace it with the IP of your machine

After the above procedure, perform the instructions listed in Configure the Publish instance section in the Post Deployment chapter of the  document: https://helpx.adobe.com/pdf/aem-forms/6-3/install-single-server-jboss.pdf

Regards,

Khushwant Singh

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Patrick,

If you are running the second instance for publishing, you do not need to run complete JEE installer. The publish instance can be a standalone AEM OSGi running in publish mode.  See, Configure the Publish instance section in the Post Deployment chapter of the following document:

https://helpx.adobe.com/pdf/aem-forms/6-3/install-single-server-jboss.pdf

If you are running multiple AEM Forms on JEE instances on a same machine, before you run the second install on a different location on the same machine, pass the following startup argument. It will bump the port number by the count of 110.

-Djboss.socket.binding.port-offset=110

You can use any value in place of 110. Ensure that the value used for publish and author instances is different. Here is the procedure to setup the apps server profile and argument:

1. Copy [AEM Forms on JEE download]\third_party\jboss.zip to a new location on your machine
  2. Create a folder named JBossPublish and unzip the contents of jboss.zip to it.
  3. Open the /JBossPublish/JBoss/bin/standalone.conf.bat file in an editor.
  4. Add the following argument to the standalone.conf.bat file of application server.
    Set JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -Djboss.socket.binding.port-offset=110
  5. Save and close the standalone.conf.bat file.
  6. Open the command prompt and navigate to the \JBossPublish\JBoss\bin folder.
  7. Run the following command to start the JBoss application server for publish.
    standalone.bat -b 0.0.0.0 -c standalone.xml
    If the above IP does not work, replace it with the IP of your machine

After the above procedure, perform the instructions listed in Configure the Publish instance section in the Post Deployment chapter of the  document: https://helpx.adobe.com/pdf/aem-forms/6-3/install-single-server-jboss.pdf

Regards,

Khushwant Singh

Level 4

Super thank you very much for that detailed, I'm eager to test this out. Thanks you very much