Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Installed 6.5.4 SP RRD already closed Exception

Level 5

I've installed the latest SP, 6.5.4 and now see the below error littered throughout the logs. Any quick fixes to get rid of this?

22.03.2020 19:11:00.158 *ERROR* [metrics-RRD4JReporter-1-thread-1] com.codahale.metrics.ScheduledReporter Exception thrown from RRD4JReporter#report. Exception was suppressed.
java.lang.IllegalStateException: RRD already closed, cannot store this sample
at org.rrd4j.core.RrdDb.store(RrdDb.java:512) [org.apache.sling.commons.metrics-rrd4j:1.0.2]
at org.rrd4j.core.Sample.update(Sample.java:194) [org.apache.sling.commons.metrics-rrd4j:1.0.2]
at org.apache.sling.commons.metrics.rrd4j.impl.RRD4JReporter.report(RRD4JReporter.java:260) [org.apache.sling.commons.metrics-rrd4j:1.0.2]
at com.codahale.metrics.ScheduledReporter.report(ScheduledReporter.java:235) [com.adobe.granite.dropwizard.metrics:3.2.4]
at com.codahale.metrics.ScheduledReporter$1.run(ScheduledReporter.java:174) [com.adobe.granite.dropwizard.metrics:3.2.4]
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:515)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:305)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:305)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628)
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834)

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Restart your AEM instance and it should fix it

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Level 1
Got this exception on a fresh 6.5.2.0 environment too. It spams so much in logs

Level 1

I have the same Issue. Did you find out how to solve this? 

Fresh AEM 6.5.0 SP4 installed via Package Share. 

Level 5
Seems once I restarted after the install, it has gone away. Odd because usually if a SP need a restart, it does it automatically.

Correct answer by
Level 2

Restart your AEM instance and it should fix it

Level 5

True, but I would like to understand why it happens periodically. It seems to fail on the same thread over and over but the metrics still get written to. I've tried restarting a couple of related bundles but that doesn't seem to help. I also noticed the thread started having issues after some nightly maintenace jobs but that could be just a coincidence.

Level 2
not sure what causes it. mine went away after I restarted the instance and I haven't seen it come back.

Level 1
i see the same issue, could not replicate on local system nor by any developers running windows 10, but issue occurs every time with windows server 2019 64 bit, Java 11 update 9 64 bit

Employee
Got this error after installation of SP5

Community Advisor

Hey,

Try restarting the AEM instance and verify the changes.